Thread: iphoto hangs on startup

iphoto hangs on startup

In my Mac book i have mac os x 10.6.8 when I try to open iphoto it won’t start it get freeze the wheel keep spinning continuously but software won’t open. This is happening from last week. I had all my important photos. Is there any way by which I can fix this problem, so please guys help.

Re: iphoto hangs on startup

Don’t run many applications at the same time. Also check the free space remaining in your hard drive. This might be the reason that your iphoto is just loading.

Hey had same problem the page was showing loading and the pin wheel was spinning, I left it for half an hour but after half hour when I saw still the page was in same state I tried to open it many time but the result was same despite of doing uninstalling and reinstalling the iphoto was not opening.

You can do one thing you take backup and try doing rebuilding the library by pressing option/alt and command key and open iphoto then use the resulting dialog to rebuild after that select rebuilt iphoto library database from automatic backup. Create new library then upload new pictures in it and check it working or not, or the same problem continues.

According to me the problem is not with application so no need to do update, the problem is with library. Create library hope it will work.

I have tried creating new library also upload new pictures. But it didn’t work, the problem is still continued. Guy is there any other suggestion?

There is option that you can try download iphoto library manager then rebuilt function this will create new library in albumdata.xml file because new library will create based on data. It will not bring slideshow, books, and calendar. But it will get all albums and keywords, because it creates new library and keep old one untouched.

I had same problem last month even I was not able to open my iphoto. So I try to creating new account and the iphoto worked I guess the problem was with the account.

Thanks for your suggestion it worked for me but it took long time. But I want my old pictures back is there any other way by which I can get my old picture back because I don’t have this picture saved.