Thread: dont want updates for microsoft Office 2010

dont want updates for microsoft Office 2010

hello friends, i make use of office 2010 and recently upgraded it as i was using previous versions of office. but the recently upgraded one is of trial version. so i was insisting on purchasing a new one and remove the trial version i did so but i found that there is a bunch of updates left behind. when I go into "Viewing updates" , i come across these .i am making use of windows 7 operating system and will it cause any problems. i dont have enough idea about it , so if you are having some suggestions regarding a way to get rid of these or a possible way to remove it , i will be very thankful

re: dont want updates for microsoft Office 2010

hey guys, i will state some necessary solution in this case. and according to me, i think that those updates will likely have been removed after you made un installation of Office 2010 . and to sate further. that will not tend to have a change over the update history, though, which is what you're viewing. The update history will not tend to tell you what updates are currently installed - but in this case , it will state only those with which you have been installed at some time.

hey i found some solution for your problem, and after this you will come across some solution or the other. and according to me, Windows doesn't come with any specific tools that state the status of updates in its history, but there might be a 3rd-party app that it will accommodate . I suppose that analyzing the condition could become normal if its involved in it at the time of making an update and progressively it will have a replacement by other parts of later updates

i can understand what you are saying. and really thanks for your replies. I suppose that I will be able to go into relax mode as what is showing in updates is just a history.

but as i want to know further, something about upgrading from MS Office Home & Student 2007 to 2010 as i am making use of it. In your opinion , are these upgrades worth it. it will be really helpful, if you state me some more suggestions regarding the same.

according to me, i suppose that it has been seen that Office 2010 certainly has more improvements over Office 2007 and you will come across after experiments on office and you will have the difference seen by yourself. but the lone problem stands is as many have not yet upgraded the office setup , they find it difficult to run projects which are of higher versions as they dont have that version. i will say in addition to this as the lower version projects do not support on higher versions. so an upgrade will always prove to be helpful in this case as it run the projects of lower versions with your version also. you can get the additional information regarding the upgrades from the official site of windows.

if you are constantly getting updates , i think you should solve this by the following. to an intermediate user , i will say to go to the control panel and Double-click the "Add/Remove Programs" icon in your Windows Control Panel. after this , have a click on the check-box next to "Show Updates" so that you will be able to expand the Add/Remove Programs list to Windows updates. In Microsoft Windows Vista, you require to have a click on "View Installed Updates" so that you will be able to see the update list.

Re: dont want updates for microsoft Office 2010

i think the better option for you is to make an update for the following software and you might also get some clue when you enable the update history option. it helped me in my issue and hope so in your case also.