Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2012

how to make vlc to play itunes files

Hi, guys I bought my new laptop that is dell inspiron 15r which has i5 processor and I have installed vlc player and iTunes store player both and I don?t find any difference in this both player .so can any one tell me what is the difference between vlc player and iTunes store.
Old 05-01-2012

re: how to make vlc to play itunes files

Both are media player but both have there own specialty. ITunes store is developed by apple and it is free program. Where as vlc is developed by videoLAN project and vlc player is open source player.
Old 05-01-2012

Some formats in iTunes are designed to work originally in iTunes such as M4P, M4A and M4V. the audio that released by iTunes is in M4P and M4A format and any video which is disturbed through iTunes is stored in M4V format. But the vlc player can also play all this formats.
Old 05-01-2012

iTunes is media management application and Vlc media player is built to play digital media files and ITunes is designed to organized digital media files.
Old 05-01-2012

I don?t use itune so cant tell in detail about itune ,Vlc media player allow to play almost all formats of file, vlc player create multimedia streams from file which allow you to play incomplete and broken files. This player can also streams file from network. As vlc is a media player it more easy to use and understand.
Old 05-01-2012

Vlc player can play the native format file of apple iTunes store, itunes play very less audio and video file format when compare to vlc player.
Old 05-01-2012

Even I have both the player installed in my computer but I use vlc player as my default player as I more comfortable to it and I find it more better than iTunes because iTunes plays MP4, MOV, M4V, M4A,M4P, mp3 fort where vlc plays WMV, mp4, 3gp, mov, vob, mpg, mp3, flv ,wav, m4a and many more format.
Old 05-01-2012

ITunes audio mp4 format file which release digital audio is protected .The draw back of vlc player is that it don?t play protected m4v and m4p files only iTunes can play this files.
Old 05-01-2012

Yap some video which are purchased from iTunes store have DMR in place that does not allow any other media player to play that file as it is protected. Both the software are different but vlc can play all file format of itunes accept the protected one.
Old 06-01-2012

Even I have both players in my system but I use vlc player as my default player and use itune player for the protected files. Vlc player is one of the most flexible player which plays all kind file format.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,