Thread: Should I use EVGA GPU Voltage Tuner

Should I use EVGA GPU Voltage Tuner

I found on internet that EVGA GPU Voltage Tuner will help us to maintain the GPU voltage. I was not getting the exact features of that and so I am posting this over here with the hope that some of the other users will help me to get this understood. I would really appreciate if someone of you can provide me some more information about this. Please reply me fast.

Re: Should I use EVGA GPU Voltage Tuner

Here are the two main features of this for which this is famous. This is really useful if you are overclocking your system. here are the features of this.
    • This gives a environment for raising the GPU voltage and because of that we can maintain the higher Core/Shader clockspeeds.
    • This is also having a very user-friendly interface though the “Apply at Startup” and because of that you will not have to apply that every time you start your system.

To run this, your system must be compatible to run this. Here is the minimum system requirement for this and you must check if your system is filling the requirement.
    • Windows XP, Vista and 7. (Both 32/64bit)
    • Supported EVGA graphics card
    • Forceware 181.22 or higher drivers

This is the new tool for some graphics cards from EVGA and it is particularly interesting for overclockers, since it allows the modification of the power of 3D accelerators. The Evga voltage tuner works temporarily only on EVGA graphics cards. In addition, it must first be registered with the manufacturer. The first version of the tool supports the GTX 260 (65nm), GTX 280 and GTX 295.

The tool will raise the tension only in 3D mode, the 2D mode remains unaffected. At a later time EVGA will eventually unlock even higher voltages, which are locked in the current version of the program yet. If the PC with a raised voltage can not be operated stably then the graphics card drivers are to be removed completely in Safe Mode of the operating system. Then the card is used with the original tension. The GPU Voltage Tuner requires Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 beta, and at least the GeForce driver version 181.22 and EVGA one of the supported cards ahead. The download is for customers who have registered at least one of the supported products on their behalf at EVGA, available on the website of the manufacturer.

EVGA is now offering a new version of its software to increase the voltage Core EVGA graphics card to improve the efficiency of your overclocking. This new version is compatible with the GTX 295, 280.285 and 260 and adds a function to apply with the start of the operating system.

I am using the EVGA GPU Voltage Tuner and I can say that this is very useful for everybody. EVGA GPU Voltage Tuner (EGVT) is a utility developed and distributed by the manufacturer EVGA to allow adjustment of the bias voltage of the GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 class, 280 and 260 installed on your video card. Combining this feature determines the overvolt hardware, with an increase in operating frequency of the GPU (overclocking). This is obtained for example with the EVGA Precision Overclocking tool, you can raise the level of performance for your graphics card built by EVGA. EVGA GPU Voltage Tuner supports Operating Systems Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 (32/64bit).

Thank you all for your replies. Finally I have decided to get this tomorrow and I hope that it will stand on my expectation from it. Thank you again all for your replies for this.