Thread: How to stop getting iTunes 10 upgrade message on Mac OS X 10.4.11

How to stop getting iTunes 10 upgrade message on Mac OS X 10.4.11

Is it compulsory to upgrade to iTunes 10 in order to make use of the iTunes store? while I can able to access the store presently, I unable to get past the prompt that says that 'Upgrade now...' I'm at present using the iTunes 9 plus am very happy to stay with it for the reason that I have an old Mac OS X 10.4.11 plus I've hear that there are compatibility problem as tunes 10 requires OS 10.5 and with the older models as well as newer versions of iTunes don’t support . So can anyone here can help me on this I would be really be glad to know this

Re: How to stop getting iTunes 10 upgrade message on Mac OS X 10.4.11

This is really irritating that not able to make use of iTunes store. happy I was able to make use of Amazon and I am Using older version Mac myself since I'm doing work with iMovies. Also Have a fresh Mac 10.6.7 and haven't been capable to work out how to make use of the new iMovie version. They've altered it a lot, totally different views can't influence audio tracks like I require and the thumb nail photos are ineffective. So I'm using my old Mac. And this iTunes keeps on prompting on me also really need to get rid of it

I don’t want to upgrade either. Am actually unwilling to upgrade to a newer iTunes edition. Because while I go from iTunes version 7 to 7.6, every one of tunes purchased on the Apple store vanished. Although luckily, Apple assist me recover the majority of them. But now I Am extremely scared of losing every or the majority tunes again if I upgrade iTunes version. What should I do

Thanks!

If that is frightened you and you still want to get the iTunes 10 then obtain an external hard drive that is should of greater in capacity to your internal drive copy your internal drive on it . confirm you can boot from the external must be Firewire link for G series to boot. Once you be able to do that you know how to try no matter which with impunity as you can for all time restore your hard drive since your bootable external. Soon your drive will die totally and Apple won't required a duplicate of the entire of your files to restore. Hope this might help you

Hi guys this is really frustrating I have the iPod and this prompt just shows up saying that "See What Your Missing -Upgrade to itunes 10 now!" and the problem is that I am unable to get rid of it . . Apparently there's just an option to Not Download, however I don't obtain that. My supposition is that Mac is forcing me to obtain me to upgrade my OS from 10.4.11 or the iTunes store no more will works on the iTunes 8 . don’t know what Is this a bug or a trick from Mac to make me to purchase additional stuff that I don't wish for

If you want to use the iTunes store no matter what then why don’t you just get DLing iTunes 10 and the other option you have is itunes.apple.com I think that would help you to get into the front end of the store .

What I would suggest you to get the iTunes 9.2 that would help you to work on store because as far as I know you will not be able to access the apple site because you need to have download iTunes 10 to use the store and iTunes 9.2 will work as a charm hope this will help you trough

Thanks man for the reply I goggled the iTunes 9.2 and it working perfectly My iTunes now just woks completely once more with no trouble with the prompts or issue on the store. Thanks man this is really nice .

No , don’t be that happy , this is just the temporary solution and in the end the store will ultimately be upgraded another time and you'll be unfortunate on that occasion but I hope there will be another way out this problem also just let me know if you need something else in the future