Thread: Macro Error "Too Many Line continuations" in Excel

Macro Error "Too Many Line continuations" in Excel

I am trying to create a macro to filter about 160 brand names of 300, I started recording a macro and then using filter, i checked all the brand names i wanted, the problem is that when i finished i got the error msg " Too Many Line Continuations" what can i do to create a macro to filter only those 160 or so brands?

Re: Macro Error "Too Many Line continuations" in Excel

Don't use so many line continuations maybe? In case you are not aware of what that message means... it occurs when you take a long line of text an split it up on multiple lines using a space followed by an underline to keep the links linked together. For example : SomeTextVariable = "Line one which goes on for awhile and " & _"then continues on, but one line lower" If I recall correctly, there are a maximum of 25 line continuations that can be used on a single code statement... so just don't break it apart so often... or see if you can split the multiline statement you are trying to construct into more than one statement, each of which can have a maximum of 25 line continuations.

Re: Macro Error "Too Many Line continuations" in Excel

It would be better to have at least one extract files. This is a good way to have tranfer the contents of each file in a sheet of same workbook. Anyway at the conceptual level object instances are the same but the way is different, but the result is the same. You can not do without the variables that tell you the last line of each sheet.
    • In any case it is a necessary routine in almost all cases.
    • Try to use variable names suggestive: Since I do not file your I transformed variables in a way more meaningful to me and I added two variables that store the last line of each sheet (ILR and JLR) and a variable k COUNTED rows added.

Too many line continuations