Thread: Excel Macro Popup Message " Do you want to replace the contents of the destination cells"

Excel Macro Popup Message " Do you want to replace the contents of the destination cells"

I had configured some n AUTO_OPEN macro in Microsoft Excel. Sometimes, whe I run it I get a message saying Do you want to replace the contents of the destination cells. Yes/No. Why does this error occurs. How to turn it off.

Re: Excel Macro Popup Message " Do you want to replace the contents of the destination cells"

Your Auto_Open code is obviously trying to paste something into filled cells or
    similar operation like Text to Columns. You can turn off the message and have it default to "Yes" but are you sure you want the destination cells to be replaced? Check your code to see what it is doing before adding more code to turn off the message.

Re: Excel Macro Popup Message " Do you want to replace the contents of the destination cells"

I'm not sure what is causing. Your Auto_Open code is obviously trying to paste something into filled cells or similar operation like Text to Columns. You said that you can turn off the message and have it default to "Yes" but are you sure you want the destination cells to be replaced. Yes, I'd like to turnoff the MsgBox and default to Yes replacing destination cells...How do I do that? Everything is being populated via automation from Access and is doing what is needed.

Try this out it works sometime.
    • Application.displayalerts = false
    • 'your code that causes the alert to appear
    • application.displayalerts = true

Or else there is one more thing you can do :

It might be necessary to communicate your code, because ' Range ("a1"). Copy Destination: = Range ("c3") " works without message if C3 contains a value. Otherwise, a general " Application. DisplayAlerts = False " off most of the posts of Excel. Do not forget to put " Application. DisplayAlerts = True"

This doesn't even see the warning box--it just assumes that you don't want to be bothered by the warning and that you know what you're doing. With Excel , it is possible to prevent any movement of cell unchecking the 'drag and drop of the cell. Changing the options dialog box (Tools \ Options). If you have Excel 2000 or 97, I do not know if this option is available. And I do not know if this solution you should give a try.

Essien Not sure why the "warning" appears, but the data I need is there from the automation code in Access.