Thread: Burning audio question

Burning audio question

Hi There

First visit, only just joined.

I am looking for a simple answer to this question, as I find lots of kind people answer, but not in a way the layman may understand.

WHAT I WANT TO DO
    copy a shop bought audio cd, to a blank cd, so it can play in a normal/cheapish cd player.

WHAT I HAVE
    XP home
    WMP 11
    Nero (I think 6)
    CDRipper

WHAT I CAN DO
    rip to WMP
    burn from WMP
    use Nero

WHAT I DONT ALWAYS DOafter I try to burn to WAV or WMA my son cant play finished product on his cd player

Re: Burning audio question

The correct format of audio cd to be burned is in wma format. So, open up the nero burning tool and check for an option called "burn audio cd" or something similar. On the next page of nero, drag and drop all the mp3 files or wav files of music to the same nero page and check if it doesnt exceeds the cd limit, there might be a bar at the below indicating the same, if it exceeds the limit then the bar will turn in red color. Simply limit the burning to the size of the cd and burn, hopefully this time it will work.

Thanks Viceman

Will do that tomorrow, and once finished, what format will be shown on the burnt cd if I r/c--properties

Thanks

Viceman

Ok, have done what you said word for word, as I have many times before.

So if I insert burnt disk in rom, r/c on drive, properties, the tracks still show up as CDA.

Until I actually try to play it in a cd-player, I dont know if its any different.

One thing I did not understand, a small window at end said "unknown burnt phase" and something else, at no time when starting burn, did I have to configure to what format I wanted.

Viceman

You seem to be the only one responding on this site, I thank you for doing so.

I have learnt a bit more an hour ago>>> The problem was, I would burn a cd for my son, and he could not play it on his system. His system is/was a very expensive Bang & Oelson and consists of a radio/cassette player/record player/cd player (which takes 6 cd's).

I have just visited a neighbour to try my burnt disks on his system, and they play fine, so then I rang a B & O seller, and he thinks it might be the age of the system which is at least 15 years old.

If this is the case, do you think there is a different format I should burn them to, if its possible.

What is the file format that is supported on Bang & Oelson for playing audio cds, can you check that in its manual. Normally, most of the audio cd burned should play on any system that has the capability to play audio disks. It may be that the this system will only play original protected audio cd's which is why it is not able to play the burnt audio disks.

I am visiting there today so will check, but as I have replied on another forum, I have used a cd-r, the burn was finalized, and I have done dozens this way, and they all play on my wife's radio/cd player.