Thread: Microphone not working in Mac OSX 10.5.8 with Skype

Microphone not working in Mac OSX 10.5.8 with Skype

I have an iMac OSX 10.5.8, and i just newly installed the Skype. dont know why but i get some problem in this. when i talk to my friend on skype, i hear his voice clearly without any problem, but he is not getting my voice. i tried many things but cant able to solve this problem. anyone else have this problem in mac ever? or anyone have any solution for this?

Re: Microphone not working in Mac OSX 10.5.8 with Skype

i think its not concern with iMac OSX 10.5.8 which you have. i think problem is with your skype. i think you make some mistakes while you installing skype. so just try to reinstall the skype properly and than restart your machine and than check whether its working or not.

first just try to make a test call and check if its working or not. if its work ok than your skype and Microphone is ok, than you have some other problem. and if you cant able to make test call, than your skype giving some problem. so first just make a test call and see what result you are getting.

i dont know how to make a test call, as i already state in my post that i newly install this and i am new to skype. so dont know about this. can you tell me where i can get this option and how can i make test call in skype?

you can find skype test call built right into the program. and this is the first and only way to know that where you getting the problem.

I have a question though, I have a year ago, a Mac Book Pro with Mac OS X 10.6.6. I have downloaded the latest version of Skype, but I can not talk with anyone, because I do not understand the caller. It is difficult to hear and get a loud and crackling noise. In the next conversation, however, was the rattle back and my voice away. Can someone possibly help me there? I've the built-in microphone for sound input in Skype and in my system settings.

So apparently you did everything correctly in the settings. there you can also hook the box "to reduce ambient noise." would then once from the mac side and pushed everything proper. Select the internal microphone input and no line-in, kind of a micro usb or similar. should be somewhere in the test had not work out what you have to do is, to go to the next apple reseller and test the internal micro, to keep things normal forever.

configure your microphone (going on parameter of the sound card). open skype- tools- options- Audio, set the parameters with those of the sound card. decrease the volume of the microphone and speaker to prevent interference

i hav same issue.......I have an iMac OSX 10.5.8, and i just newly installed the Skype. dont know why but i get some problem in this. when i talk to my friend on skype, i hear his voice clearly without any problem, but he is not getting my voice. i tried many things but cant able to solve this problem. anyone else have this problem in mac ever? or anyone have any solution for this?