Thread: Can I have picture motion browser (PMB) or similar software for imac ?

Can I have picture motion browser (PMB) or similar software for imac ?

Hi, i am having apples imac, and in that i have I would like to import my images and movies to my iMac. As I can´t make use of the built-in PMB, what kind of software does SONY offer through which this could be possible? There could be surely come software that we could make use of for the same. any suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: Can I have picture motion browser (PMB) or similar software for imac ?

What kind of problem you are having with the PMB? Because I used to used the same software whenever i have to done any work regarding the same. see it would be better if you mentioned all the things perfectly, i mean to say the exact problem that you are having so that i could assist you in better way.

Hi, i am having apples imac, and in that i have I would like to import my images and movies to my iMac. As I can´t make use of the built-in PMB, what kind of software does SONY offer through which this could be possible? There could be surely come software that we could make use of for the same. any suggestion will be appreciated.
    I don’t know about the software’s available for the apple that could be offered by the sony itself but still i have always seen as majority of people use Apple's preinstalled software that’s either iMovie and iPhoto. Thus mentioned by the above user as well like if you inform us which Sony cameras and which version of OS X you wish to make use of, there might be some other options available.

actually the thing is like i am having problem with the converting the sony video files .m2ts and .modd and because of that i am not able to transfer them..anyways thanks for the suggestion but still which one is the best among two mentioned?

Actually the thing is like i am having problem with the converting the sony video files .m2ts and .modd and because of that i am not able to transfer them..anyways thanks for the suggestion but still which one is the best among two mentioned?
    See before you proceed ahead with the same i would like to aware you as iMovie doesn’t have AVCHD Video support and requires to convert the video on importing to iMovie responsive AIC files. Along with that It cannot import individual .mts files and you require to import by means of the 'Archive' method which requires to import the whole file structure on your camcorder.

Though i have same opinion as the above user but still you can have alternative over here as you can convert the files to MAC friendly formats by means of Roxio Toast 11 or another conversion program as if you google it you’ll find too many other results. Final Cut Pro will most probably do this as well.

I don’t know what could be the problem in your case but as far as i know the .modd files are for exercised in PMB, so you won't require to worry about them on the Mac. There's no require to deal through .mts files at all if you pursue the easy connect-click-upload procedure in iMovie; your movies should come into view in iMovie without having to copy original files to the Mac. As far as i know apple have numerous tutorials for importing into iMovie, counting this one for iMovie. I would like to recommend you that you should visit the LINK i have mentioned so that you can have better idea.

Hope it assists you better but if you're using an previous rather older version of iMovie, or require any further help copying over or archiving your camera footage, just mentioned it over here.

Thanks for the suggestion, and i can simply Import directly from the camera and that’s works perfect now. But I still thrash about copy or moving the mentioned files from external back-up drives. So in short i could say that we could easily move almost all the files regardless of the one i have mentioned, anyways any idea what can I do moreover to this?

Thanks for the suggestion, and i can simply Import directly from the camera and that’s works perfect now. But I still thrash about copy or moving the mentioned files from external back-up drives. So in short i could say that we could easily move almost all the files regardless of the one I have mentioned, anyways any idea what can I do moreover to this?
    As by means of iMovie, you don't require to touch every single files to back them up, and it's most excellent to depart folders as they are also. Most video editors necessitate a exact folder hierarchy to import recording, as well as files in the right place within those folders. The way to carry on this structure in Mac OS X and stay the files the similar size, which is one more difficulty and to utilize Disk Utility to create a Disk Image of your memory card, which you next store on your hard drive.

Along with that if you've previously backed up files to an exterior drive you'll require to 're-wrap' them to obtain them into iMovie once more. Best thing for this is and one of the contemptible program called ClipWrap that you can make use of for the same.