Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to install QuickTime 10.1

Windows Software

Old 25-12-2011

Unable to install QuickTime 10.1

Well I am not able to find out the reason why I am not able to install QuickTime 10.1 on the computer. whenever I am trying to do the same I am getting an error message and it can be stated as follow ?An older version of Apple Application Support cannot be removed. and the installation interrupted though.? Any useful solution to fix the matter of mine will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Old 25-12-2011

Re: Unable to install QuickTime 10.1

I wanted some information so that I can get the root cause of the issue which you have mentioned over here. what operating system running? What is the hardware configuration of the computer? can you provide the log file of the error message which you have mentioned over here?
Old 25-12-2011

Make sure that you are logged with the administrator account on the system and after that you should try to install QuickTime.
Old 25-12-2011

Just for the try I am suggesting that you should try to install QuickTime by booting the computer into Safe mode.
  • You should restart the computer and Press F8.
  • After that you should select Safe mode from the Advanced Boot menu.
  • Once the computer is booted into Safe mode and see whether it is working or not.
Old 25-12-2011

It could be possible that the back ground process might be interfering while installing QuickTime so I am suggesting that you should clean boot the computer.
Old 25-12-2011

If you have installed any antivirus program or Firewall install on the computer then you should disable the same and see whether you are able to install QuickTime. Once you have installed the QuickTime then I am suggesting that you should configure the Firewall or Security software installed.
Old 25-12-2011

I think there is need of updating Windows on the computer. you can get the latest version of Windows update from the official website.
Old 25-12-2011

If you are running with Windows based operating system then I am suggesting that you should download and install Windows Installer CleanUp utility on the computer.
Once you have done the same you have to select and remove the Apple Application Support entries and click on the Remove.
After doing the same you have to reboot the computer and try to install the QuickTime on the computer.
If you are having any issue while doing the same then let me know about the same.
Old 26-12-2011

According to me the above mentioned issue is happening because of the bug issue and it should be fixed by the developer of Apple.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,