Thread: iTunes unable to access Asus RT-N56U Media Server

iTunes unable to access Asus RT-N56U Media Server

HI everybody, I do have a trouble with itunes version 10.5 beta, in my Mac OS running machine and the Asus RT-N56U Media Server. in spite of iTunes showing the RT-N56U share, but whenever i try to connect or simply i would say try to access it i used to get error “Access fails” after a short loading with no additional notice.

Anybody with the identical trouble? Is there any solution for the situation i have mentioned? I have almost tried everything known to me but still i am not able to get it worked. Any suggestion for resolving this will be appreciated.

Re: iTunes unable to access Asus RT-N56U Media Server

are you sure as you have turned ON the option for media server in iTunes.

If you don’t know how to do that just open the iTunes and in that under miscellaneous, you’ll get an option for “Media Center” and from where you have to just checked whether is it turned on or not? Can you also notify me what steps you have taken under USB application to attempt to obtain this to work? Because it might be possible like you must be carrying malfunctioning steps which is obviously not going to help you anyway.

HI everybody, I do have a trouble with itunes version 10.5 beta, in my Mac OS running machine and the Asus RT-N56U Media Server. in spite of iTunes showing the RT-N56U share, but whenever i try to connect or simply i would say try to access it i used to get error “Access fails” after a short loading with no additional notice.
    Anybody with the identical trouble? Is there any solution for the situation i have mentioned? I have almost tried everything known to me but still i am not able to get it worked. Any suggestion for resolving this will be appreciated.

When i was having the same problem with my machine, i have just restored to factory settings and reconfigured the router automatically. And after that when i was about to access the media server i was actually getting the option called "share with accounts" this time. Thus according to me you should first try to do that and mentioned the results over here whatever you are getting.

I was also having the same problem once with my machine and after such huge approach I came to know that there were actually some problem with the iTunes that i have installed in my machine. thus after reinstalling the software almost everything were working perfectly with the iTunes and with the media server as well. thus I hope you must be understood what you have to do over here.

I was also having the same problem once with my machine and after such huge approach I came to know that there were actually some problem with the iTunes that i have installed in my machine. thus after reinstalling the software almost everything were working perfectly with the iTunes and with the media server as well. thus I hope you must be understood what you have to do over here.
    Thanks for the suggestion guys but still it seems like surely there is some problem in the media server itself and that’s what i am not even able to determine. I have already read in the Apple newsgroups that iTunes 10.5 again breaks firefly media server that’s iTunes Media Server, in spite of if it's on Mac or PC. And the thing that made me wonder is like i haven’t even seen anybody as well having this problem.

Have you tried resetting the router or updating the firmware? If not then i would like to first recommend you that thing and see whether the same thing happens or not? But before that you can have another option as well such as you should try to get it reboot the machine.