Thread: Cannot install Intel Rapid Start Technology (iRST)

Cannot install Intel Rapid Start Technology (iRST)

I came to know that with the Intel Rapid Start Technology, we can boost the performance of the system and so I was trying to install the iRST software but that shows me the message as my hardware does not support this program. Can you tell me that why I am getting this message and how can I get this installed without any problem. Also tell me some more information about the Intel Rapid Start Technology. Thank you.

Re: Cannot install Intel Rapid Start Technology (iRST)

I would like to tell you that the Rapid Start Technology (iRST) requires the SSD and if you are not having SSD then you might get the issues like this. Do you have SSD in your computer?

Yes, the driver for Intel Rapid Start technology systems consume a Solid State Drive (SSD) or hard disk mSATA. You must have any one of the below mentioned operating system in order to run this without any problem.

Operating Systems
    • Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 64
    • Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic 64 Edition
    • Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Edition
    • Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Edition
    • Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Edition

we have Intel Rapid Start, an improvement in the rest system devices, wake up the computer in about 5 seconds without sleep mode consumes energy promises. This could be about 30 days. Intel will not be very happy with what they represent for your business tablets (which are clear ARM). The "Rapid Start Technology" also ensures that the ultra-Book starts faster. It is stored in compressed form on the SSD cache in only memory areas that are currently occupied in RAM. The goal is always the same: wake up in under 5 seconds. It also is the computer's BIOS revision.

I would like to tell you all that that is also already on the desktop motherboards, including those of Intel. And it is not needed for booting devices such as USB ports, not initialized by the BIOS. If you want it to boot from a USB device, you must turn off the Rapid start earlier in the BIOS or by pressing Del key during boot. On my computer the start was even ever been to 3 seconds.

Intel is adding an additional functionality to its chips for notebooks and netbooks, one of which will restart the machine in 5 to 6 seconds after a mothballing of the chip. Rapid Start technology allows a faster start by memorizing the state of the PC dedicated flash. The PC can quickly return to its previous state without having to restart, even if the battery is removed and then reintroduced. Another feature, called Smart Connect Technology, allows for continuous updates of the contents of the PC in standby mode. The computer is periodically "awakened" to go get the mail and other information, such as Twitter messages for example, before returning to sleep.

yes, Bontu is very correct and these features will be integrated by the end of the year in the chip Sandy Bridge, the second generation of the Core family of processors from Intel. They will also be added to the Cedar Trail chip designed for netbooks, whose availability has been announced for next year. Through these modes of standby and sleep in Windows, users can reduce the energy consumption of their PC. Sleep mode consumes little energy and puts the ball rolling faster. As for the sleep mode, it provides more energy savings, but it is slower to return to its previous state, as it stops the machine.

The installer that you are using might be corrupted and for that reason you are facing the problem like this. So what you can do is, just download the installer again and then try to install it over again.. I hope that it will be helpful for you.