Thread: Getting Password prompt in WINRAR and 7zip

Getting Password prompt in WINRAR and 7zip

hello friends anyone here have any idea about this? i am actually gettig password prompt when i am trying to convert a .rar file to a video file. i am getting this problem in both WINRAR and 7zip. i dont know why. is this problem with my filr or problem with WINRAR and 7zip? please someone help me to solve this.

Re: Getting Password prompt in WINRAR and 7zip

actually this is happen when the file you have is password protected. so just do one thing, go to the site from where you download this file, there they provide the password for this file. and if you cant find that password than you have to download it again which is without password.

i am also have the same problem here and i tried many things to solve this problem. and as you said to visit the site from where downloaded the file, i also do that but that not help in my case. i think that password is wrong or i dont have rights to access that password. i dont know what is the problem, but i cant be able to do this. anyone have any password cracker software which help me to convert my files?

The solution is to disassemble the file, extract the video and reassemble. For a programmer its relatively easy. A disassembler is a program that converts executable code language assembly. Language assembler converts assembly to machine code. A disassembler reverse this process. A disassembler can help you understand how a program can be the first step in changing the way this program works.

For RAR compressed files there are cRARk freeware that uses dictionary. cRARk is a command line utility that allows you to recover passwords for RAR, RAR encrypted version 2.x and RAR 3.x.

To solve this password protected file prompt issue is only solve by the person or site from where you get this file. no one can help you in this not even winrar or 7zip team. Unzip a password protected file without the password is virtually impossible.

WinRAR uses the encryption algorithm AES , currently considered the safest, with a key length of 128 bits and a function of hash particularly slow to slow the most of the attempts to discover the password using brute force attacks, which are currently the only way to find a password for files with AES encryption. This makes it especially safe, even much more than other compressors that use 256-bit keys, for example, an attack on a ZIP file encryption with AES-256 is 10 times faster in the same conditions as the same attack to a RAR file AES-128 encryption.

Here i have some programs to recover the password. Note that these programs what they do is try to unzip the file using generated passwords from dictionaries or simply trying all possible combinations, so they are only effective if the compressed file is password-short or too obvious. In all other cases it is likely that the program takes forever to decrypt the file.

1. cRARk
    2. Advanced RAR Password Recovery
    3. RAR Password Cracker
    4. RarKey