Thread: Computer slows down after System Mechanic.

Computer slows down after System Mechanic.

i wanted for a quick processing of PC and searched for it and found that System Mechanic does the work easily. at the starting it was not having problems at all but recently, my system slows and freezes constantly . i then removed it but now computer slows than ever before. an error message appears and says : "Stop running this script? Internet Explorer runs slowly due to this. please help me in this issue as it is time consuming process for me.

Re: Computer slows down after System Mechanic.

i could suggest some steps when will help you overcome this problem.
    1. you should make use of NTREGOPT to Optimize your Registry:
    2. make a download of NTREGOPT and then save it to your desktop.
    3. If you are making use of Windows XP, then you need to double-click on ntregopt-setup.exe to start the installation and to have a install of it, do follow teh procedure. If you are making use of Windows Vista or Windows 7 you need to right-click on the file and select Run as administrator.
    4. after the installation process UNCHECK the box besides Show documentation and then click Finish after you leave the Launch NTREGOPT box checked .
    5. Welcome! box will tend to appear and then click OK on it. there will be a starting of your optimize your registry option.
    6. restart your computer after a prompt arrives. finally click Yes after saving anything you were working on.

the above solution should work in you case but, if the problem persists for you then it would be definitely related to internet browser . i think you should have a check of your internet browser.check for some addons you have installed and see if they are affecting it in some case or the other.

i think in this case, i got some points to consider which are affecting by system. i made a update of Adobe Reader versions of existing programs or adding recent programs like Foxfire.The weird thing i am noticing is as i never make use of Internet Explorer and that's the reason the annoying script box refers to. in this case. I suppose you should have a restore. in addition with it you should make a backup of all , but in the meantime the program helped me a lot which was mentioned in the previous post.

there are generally problems occurring when you make use of AOL and it seems AOL piggy backs Internet Explorer . here you should make an attempt for using plain old Internet Explorer and seeing if the issue resolves. . there could be other option of trying Fire Fox or Google Chrome. The script error shouldn't be that big of a deal, and there could be no major problems with the computer.

if that problem persists the you should try by downloading Firefox 7 and then making a install of it . make use of the "custom" setup at the time of installing it and there will be option asking importing something from the other browsers . answer negatively for this. if you consider about the aol the fact that i can tel you is they claim to be faster but in the real sense it tends to mess up . but removing aol will be quite difficult i suppose. but you will have your problem solved to some extent if you try to remove it.

the purpose of keeping AOL is that it makes possible for gossiping and "things" as well as i like the format of their emails. the use of internet explorer just makes me feel odd. I really hate Internet Explorer because of its and ugliness.on addition , removing AOL would be hard in my case.

yes it seems to be correct in your point of view. but i can say here that Internet explorer serves well and good in terms of windows updates only . and it is not an impossible task to remove the aol .if you consider msn hotmail it has geed format than aol and easy to navigate . there are many people who make use of hotmail and msn messenger because it is easy for them to learn and make use of .

you should have a check of your RAM in this case. as if you have a 256MB of 133 RAM then there could; be such kind of problem s arising. the anti virus and antimalware programs used less cpu time at the time when you are new to the machine. the more programs you run in the background there is more usage of RAM and cpu time for those programs .

your machine makes use of part of the RAM for the video and some cpu time to "run" the video .there is another item present on the hard drive called as "virtual memory" or "swap file" .when it comes across reading or writing data , the catch is that a hard drive performs slow in action than RAM .

you should first of all update your hardware configurations. there is a limited hardware on your system i suppose and that the probable reason for your slowing down .

i want to know whether it is possible for me to upgrade by changing teh below mentioned things by myself.
    will i be able to replace old Ram with new Ram ? till which max configurations should i make use of.
    is there any point in installing new HD?
    what are the other changes to make hardware better.