Thread: Windows Registry infected and fragmented

Windows Registry infected and fragmented

While cleaning, I found malwarebytes registry item infected and fragmented. What I do now this thing?

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44 Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44
    Version de la base de données: 3920 Version of the database: 3920
    Windows 6.1.7600 Windows 6.1.7600
    Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385 Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385

Anyone else have this problem or have any solution for this?

Re: Windows Registry infected and fragmented

you have nothing to do. Especially that "NoActiveDesktopChanges" is not a virus). It's just a preference of your desktop configuration.

That did the same on XP for example if you disable some functions of the space integrated by Mircosoft which is generally used to anything.

I just finished reading the book Windows Internals referred to the Windows registry, and basically I have left a bad taste in my mouth, which sometimes tends to happen with this type of politically approved books, and do not let not clear whether the record is broken or not.

the registry is not just a series of files scattered over several locations, files that correspond to different branches of the same. The biggest advantage of Vista and XP is that now there is a set of function calls following face that transactional operations performed on it. That is, as in databases, and the record will not be one-stop, start a transaction, we conducted a series of actions and if completed it, we close the transaction, and if not, abort.

the values are most commonly accessed cached. Also keep lists and write caches to minimize the load on the system, sometimes, before a sudden power cut, it makes such changes which are not recorded, but Windows not guarantees hives corruption through a system of mapped files and scripts in doubles and triples (more or less what I do with the firmware when the data should not be corrupted to a power outage in my case, it is flash memory and EEPROMs, but the situation is the same ).

My registration database is getting bigger and bigger. Can it be that it remain the same mistake as with Win XP, deleted keys returned as empty fragments in the Reg database, which are also under NT 4.0. If so, is there a way to defragment the NTFS under reg database?

Well actually the size of the log file do not consider it big enough so that fragmentation has a significant impact. In fact, at least in my experience, disk fragmentation with the current search speed is not greater impact on the use which gives an end user, perhaps the issue is different servers.

I think fragmentation are wondering about databases, not on the record. I guess I will have some form of SQL transactions and roll-back, but it is not my subject and I have no idea. Concerning registration, from Vista there are several new features that allow transactions, the initiator, closes and aborts, and writing in the record itself. I do not know is whether they have been mapped. Perhaps they are on 3.5 or will become so in the 4.0.