Thread: VLC 1.1.11 stopped playing dvd files on windows 7

VLC 1.1.11 stopped playing dvd files on windows 7

I am using VLC 1.1.11 and looking to play files from a DVD on this media player. If I attempt to open the disk and then browse to the video directory and clicking to play it then I am getting an error message that states "unable to open MRL dvd://c:\path\video_ts\video_ts.ifo, see log file for details". Can anyone tell me why this is not working for me? Thanks for any information.

re: VLC 1.1.11 stopped playing dvd files on windows 7

The log files in VLC can be accessed by going to Tools > Messages and then set Verbosity to 2 before you start any playback. If you are encountering issues like "dvdread warning: cannot open VMG info" then it is either a dvd read bug, which can be solved by going into different menus option or else it could be a problem of miss-authorised disc.

re: VLC 1.1.11 stopped playing dvd files on windows 7

Well, I think that the DVD Decrypter might be doing something to that .IFO file which causes problems in VLC. So, it will be better to get AnyDVD or DVDfab that can rip them in the best ways possible. One thing that you can try again is that go to Media and then Open Disc and then tick the No DVD menus option and see if that helps. If you still get the error then do let us know about it.

I was facing the same problem on my Vista computer but I was able to solve it. I used to save the DVD in a folder on my hard drive and none of them wanted to play with VLC 1.1.11 version. I was able to play this movies with the old version of VLC. Later I realised that the folder where I the DVDs were saved was having name called ##Movie and after when I removed the ## then everything seems to be working fine.