Thread: VLC overlook the Apple Remote's inputs on Lion

VLC overlook the Apple Remote's inputs on Lion

Is it for purpose I am a apple user and in my Mac machine it look like VLC is not supported the Apple Remote's inputs on Lion in fact I have tried it on the latest latest nightly build, but it is still not working for some odd reason that I am unable to know and deleting the preference is also not help in any case so guys can anyone here can tell me whet wrong with it . si it only my machine or VCL does has any bug I really like to know this I would be really appreciating this thanks

Re: VLC overlook the Apple Remote's inputs on Lion

Lion works fine on for me. the three crash screens I had all came from VLC, thus it simply could also be VLC’s downside. And for the rest…I love the new scrolling, if you employ a track pad it feels rather like an iOS device. And iTunes has become significantly faster on my Mac.

For whet I even have seen I will say that VLC one.1.12 is currently on the market and thru the interior updater. As said within the previous news item, this unleash fixes the optical audio output broken within the last update furthermore as on OS X Lion. Additionally, the update includes a fix for a security issue within the included HTTP server that is admittedly rarely utilized by most folk furthermore as some alternative minor enhancements, e.g. a crash within the regarding panel when using the japanese locale. thus look like they're fixing this issue however I’m unsure how well will anyone make sure this I’d like to grasp this

i cannot understand what is the cause of the problem its working totally fine on my Mac pc I think you have the older version of VLC player installed on to your pc I suggest you first get the latest version of VLC player and then checked whether this works or not

I've recently received updates for each remote buddy and vlc, and once these updates it looks whenever I try and quit vlc from remote buddy it takes a short time before VLC quits if it quits in the slightest degree. unsure if this downside is from remote buddy or vlc itself quitting vlc manually does not have any similar delays Has anyone encountered this before, or is aware of a fix to the current issue? i'll be extremely appreciate any answer

What I will say is after you choose "Quit" from the Remote Buddy menu, it sends a regular quit Apple Event rather like f.ex. the OS X Dock or Activity Monitor do, too. Remote Buddy has done this since it supported this perform and no changes are created here ever since. I conjointly would not grasp of the other thanks to tell an application to quit. Since of the concerned code, the sole code that modified is in VLC and Remote Buddy extremely has no influence on how long it takes alternative applications to react to a regular OS X quit AppleEvent, i can not see any indication that this can be a retardant of or with Remote Buddy.

Just like you explained the quit from the dock is totally different to the quit from the pull down menu, and also the bug is indeed with VLC because it takes a short time to quit when using the dock choice.

VLC is that buggy. And has been for ages. The VLC Mac team (or what is left of it) has truly stated that they're not reaching to do any more developments on VLC however are acting on a replacement project from scratch instead Would be awesome, if IOSPIRIT would cross-check that project before it's released to public; that still may well be ages, for all i do know.

I coated Remote Buddy for using Apple Remote with non-Apple applications like VLC Media Player. this point we are going to verify another application known as Apple Remote Helper. not like Remote Buddy, this can be a free download.

it will management the VLC Media player using the apple remote. solely VLC Media Player and no alternative applications.Apple remote Helper will Play/Pause , Increase/Decrease Volumes and Skip to next Tracks however unable to Rewind/Fast-Forward

Hey i favor to share this that remote is functioning on iTunes and Front Row thus this can be clearly the soft ware downside however I m not positive

knox-johnny Guest

Operation Strike of the Sword or Operation Khanjar was a US-led offensive in Helmand province in southern Afghanistan. About 4,000 Marines from the 2nd Marine Expeditionary Brigade as well as 650 Afghan troops were involved, supported by NATO planes. The operation began when units moved into the Helmand River valley in the early hours of July 2, 2009. This operation was the largest Marine offensive since the Battle of Fallujah in 2004.[7] The operation was also the biggest offensive airlift by the Marines since the Vietnam War.

The Marines pushed into primarily three significant towns along a 75-mile stretch of the Helmand River valley south of Lashkar Gah. At least two Marine infantry battalions and one Marine Light Armored Reconnaissance (LAR) battalion spearheaded the operation. In the north, 2nd Battalion, 8th Marines (2/8) pushed into Garmsir district. In central Helmand, 1st Battalion, 5th Marines (1/5) pushed into Nawa-I-Barakzayi to the south of Lashkar Gah, 2nd Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion (2nd LAR) entered Khanashin in the Khan Neshin district.