Thread: How to Batch rename in Photoshop Elements 8

How to Batch rename in Photoshop Elements 8

This is no doubt the great software but this little problem really irritates me now I know I have to press the shift to do so as it select all the file but when I right click they I just loss the section of these files and I have no idea what is wrong with this all is working well in the Photoshop as you do is right click anywhere between the files and you get the drop down menu and then click on batch rename can anyone tell me what is wrong with this I am really annoyed please guys can you guide me to the proper direction I would be really appreciating this thanks

Re: How to Batch rename in Photoshop Elements 8

Even I have the same problem I do not have an option when I select the Files drop down which says the Process Multiple Files. I have looked the every of the hidden menus that enlarge and I found nothing in there . just got this software and it is not working problem I really need help on this

I had the same problem once and this helped me a lot just following the steps
    • Just open the software without opening specific files
    • Now Click on the file
    • Over there go to the Process multiple files
    • Now you will see the box with the duplicate set of photos and have to delete the original ones

That it’s just this a easiest way to do so hopes this will helps you

Seriously I have very much disappointed with the functionality of PSE’s batch processing although and I also didn’t like the thought of pre-sorting the portrait as well as landscape images just to do a resize as this break off work flow and the watermarking function is only text you unable to add an image as a watermark. So much lacking in the program but anyway this is one hell of a tips thanks for sharing it with us

That is the fact all I want to know is there any possibility that I can make use of a similar graphics software or just a renaming utility to get work done is tere anyone here can assist me on this I would be really glad to know this thanks

I don’t know whether this will be helpful or not I have came across this software IrfanView which is freeware although I don’t have the link but you can always use the Google to search the file , this software is the alternative to the PE8 and it’s not bad

Hi guys I need a help I have came from the MS Digital Photo Suite to Photoshop Elements now I have the entire files batch named using a easy date taken_3 digit sequential number format. Sadly, much to my dissatisfaction PSE does not allow this, particularly previously the files have already be bring in so I would like to knew does the batch rename files by date in use in PSE ? I actually do not believe I should require to use a separate software for this function. I would be rally appreciating if someone guide me trough thanks

This is very simple all you need to do is
    • Go to file
    • Process multiple files.
    • There is an option to rename
    • Just click that and you will see all the possibility that you have look for