Thread: Use of Record button in VLC media player

Use of Record button in VLC media player

Hi friends recently I have install the VLC media player, so there I have seen some of the new option and feature which can be used for various things. So I just want to know more about this media player. So the main thing that I want to know is for the use of the Record button, what is the use of this record button in this media player. Because once I have click on this but seen nothing, so I just want to know about this record button. If you guys have any of the information or ideas for this record button then please let me know. If anybody can help I will be very pleased

Re: Use of Record button in VLC media player

This button is used for the recording purpose that means while playing any of the videos or audios and you want to record some of the special effect then for this you can make the use of this button. So as you click on this button the respective videos or the audio will be recorded in to a new videos or audio file.

I think this is normally used for making the collection of the best of the Part from the songs and from the videos or from the audios. That means if any of the best parts of the Videos or Audio is there you can make the record for that thing by just clicking on this Record button.

The thing that I want to suggest for this button is that the output format for this option is same as the input format. And also whatever we make the recording may be moved there in the program file for this media player. So if you have make the record for any of the thing that you have play in this media player, you can get those recording file from the folder for this media player in the program file. This is the best thing I have seen for this media player to make the record of the thing whatever you want to records.

I make the use of this record button for recording the network stream, from the network or from the internet. So this is one of the best things I have seen in this media player.

I make the use of this record button for recording the network stream, from the network or from the internet. So this is one of the best things I have seen in this media player.
    i just want to know how you can do this, because i have try several thing but still not get any of the option for downloading the data from the network stream. please help

i just want to know how you can do this, because i have try several thing but still not get any of the option for downloading the data from the network stream. please help
    This is simple to record a network stream with the help of the record button, so for that you just have to follow these steps.
    Steps 1:
    First you have to open the network stream, the source for the video that you want to record. Copy that url from the address bar.
    Step 2:
    Now open the VLC Player, now select the menu “File" and then “Open Network Stream". Now from that you have to click on the "HTTP" radio button, after that paste the URL in the address bar.
    Step 3:
    Go to the "Advanced Options" and then select "Save/Stream" option. After that Select "Settings" and then select "Play Locally" and finally select the "File". With the help of the "Browse" button to select the saving location, after this the video will start streaming there in the VLC media player and save in to hard Drive.

Step 4:
    So after the video is finished streaming, go to the save file that you have saved in the desire location. Rename it with the ".MPG" extension so that this kind of file playable in this VLC media player.

This is one of the advanced features that are present in this VLC media player, so with the help of this button you can make the recording for any of the tracks and Videos to be stream and records both in the Off-line as well as On-line. So this is the good option provided in this latest media player.