Thread: How to play and sync external audio while viewing video on VLC media player

How to play and sync external audio while viewing video on VLC media player

Recently I have installed the latest VLC media player in my system, there are many of the features and option is available for the use in this VLC media player. But while I was playing one videos in this media player, I try to play one of the audio track at the same time without affecting the current videos. But as I double click on the audio file it just replace the existing video track. So is there any of the things presence in this player by which we can play the separate audio track with a separate volume control while playing a video, that I means to say that there must be separate volume control for the video and for separate mp3. So is there any possibility to have such feature in this player, so if you guys have any of the suggestion or any of the ideas for the development for such plugin to the VLC media player, then please do the reply. Any of the reply will be appreciated

Re: How to play and sync external audio while viewing video on VLC media player

Yes this will be the good feature for the VLC media player if such of the thing are included for the use of playing and navigating two different processes at the same time. If this kind of the changes is made in the existing VLC media player, then the benefits by these types of plugin is that this will allow to navigate the two separate "seek" sliders for adjusting the sync of the video as well as the audio track. And also there are the need for including the option for saving such tracks.

This thing can be included so I have found some of the logical code for this may this will help the developer to include this code to make this thing happen in this VLC media player.
    vlc <Primary input> --input-slave <Secondary input>

According to my suggestion these are the thing should be include in this latest VLC, so that the user can manually use the feature for sync the audio and video together. And there also need to make this thing in a such a way that it should avoid the messes up the sync whenever we try to automate it. Because these are the thing that are normally seen at the introduction of the begning of any of the tracks or the videos. So if this thing are fixed then it will be the best feature in this upcoming VLC.

There are the things that are require if you want to play the external audio track with video, so for that you just follow this steps:
    • Go to Media
    • After that go to the Advanced Open File
    • So from the list, select the video file that you want to sync
    • After the selection, check the checkbox followed by ‘Show more options’
    • Now try to play another media synchronously by selecting the audio file you want to use.
    • So finally go to the Audio and from there switch to the Audio Track and then Track 2 to select the audio track.

This above steps will help you to play two different file separately.

This will be the good feature if included in this media player, because this will help the user when the user watch any of the videos and download separate. And if he wishes to listen the Downloaded content at the same time without replacing the existing one then this will be the good thing, because some of the time when we want to know about some of the songs we just have to make the use of the other media player to play that, and if we make the use of the same media player then we have to lose the running Track. So if the sync process is included then this will be the good thing for this media player.

legendaryraghav Guest

This is how it will work..
    Media -> Advanced Open File... and select the video file and after that tick Show more options and then Play another media synchronously... and select the audio file you want to use. Then when playing the video go to Audio -> Audio Track -> Track 2 to select the second (or whichever it is) audio track.

Quote Originally Posted by QUENBY View Post
    There are the things that are require if you want to play the external audio track with video, so for that you just follow this steps:
    • Go to Media
    • After that go to the Advanced Open File
    • So from the list, select the video file that you want to sync
    • After the selection, check the checkbox followed by ‘Show more options’
    • Now try to play another media synchronously by selecting the audio file you want to use.
    • So finally go to the Audio and from there switch to the Audio Track and then Track 2 to select the audio track.

This above steps will help you to play two different file separately.

Hello
    I'm after some more help with this, i want to be able to play two videos simultaneously but using one set of controls to control both videos. Whilst i can do this using the method you have described above, i now need to be able to shuffle through each individual video to get the starting point of each video.

A bit of backround information
    I work for a racing team and i want to be able to compare to different drivers after theyhave competed 10 laps running (example) but reason i need to be able to start the videos at different points is if one driver does his best lap on lap 3 and the other on lap 9 ineed to be able to scroll through each video individually to the correct starting point, then have one button to start and stop the footage.
    Hope that helps explain what i want to be able to do.
    Please help and if you need any furter information please ask

Thanks for you help