Thread: Logitech Harmony one software is not running on windows 7

Logitech Harmony one software is not running on windows 7

I have recently switched to win 7 and I was using win xp before and I have also installed the Logitech Harmony one software on the same now but then I have found now that the software is not running and it is saying that the network is not working and something like that. I was not having the same problem before when I was running xp. It appeared after installing it on win 7. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Logitech Harmony one software is not running on windows 7

I have recently switched to win 7 and I was using win xp before and I have also installed the Logitech Harmony one software on the same now but then I have found now that the software is not running and it is saying that the network is not working and something like that. I was not having the same problem before when I was running xp. It appeared after installing it on win 7. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    I am having the same problem after the installing it on a machine running on win 7 and I have by now tried out the following solutions but then none of them actually helped.
    • Turning of the firewall.
    • Uninstalling and then reinstalling the program a no of times.
    • Restarting the machine a no of times.

Even I am facing the same issue and even I had tried the same but then did not had any luck and other than this I have also tried to contact the Logitech tech support but then even they did not helped me out with the issue and most of the workaround that they had suggested were already done by me like reinstalling the app, running the app as admin and all. Later I also contacted the Warner tech support as they are my service provider and I was thinking that it is related to the firewall and so. So they just told me that DNS server to a public one and I did the same and also made sure that I am having permission to run the app as well but then it did not made any difference. I have also tried to run the compatibility thing but then it is saying that it is an incompatible application. I am really running out of ideas now and I don’t know what to do. Is there anyone who can help???

I will suggest you to run the same as admin but then if you have already done the same then you can try to connect your computer directly to the modem but the if you think that there is some other program that might be interfering the Logitech Harmony one software then you can try to run the same in the safe mode with network connection in order to avoid the same. Just try it out and then let me know what you get. I think that one of the solutions should solve it out.

I have tried running the Logitech Harmony one software in the safe mode with network connection and I was able to run it as well but then I am still not able to find the actual cause of the issue. Is there any other solution that I can try out because I don’t think that I will have to run the app in the safe mode to use it? Any further help will be appreciated.

I think that you might be lucky to run it in the safe mode because even I have tried to run it in the safe mode but then I don’t think that it is making any difference and I and I am still not able to run it. I have also tried to disable all the startup programs and the software that I was running before but then no matter what I do I am not able to run it and get it work. I have also tested it on my friend pc which is running on xp and he is able to run the same without any problem. I am not that sure if there is some kind of incompatibility problem and all because I have found some people who have mentioned that they are able to run the Logitech Harmony one software without such issues. So I just wanted to know is there anyone who has really used it in the win 7 and can help us as well??

If uninstalling and reinstalling is not solving the issue then I think that you will have to contact the Logitech Support, just try to contact them and see if they could help you out.