Thread: How to Slow down the DVD drive speed in VLC media player

How to Slow down the DVD drive speed in VLC media player

Recently I have installed the latest VLC media player in my system; I have seen many of the good features in this VLC media player. This media player supports various file extension to play without any issue. But the thing that I have noticed in this VLC media player is that, some of the time DVD reader runs at its maximum speed so because of that, there is the excessive mechanical noise produced by the DVD reader. So there may some of the features should be there that can be used for slowing down the DVD drive speed, for the better performance of the VLC media player. So is there any of the information about this thing you guys has so if you have any of the information or the suggestion then please let me know.

Re: How to Slow down the DVD drive speed in VLC media player

The thing that I know about this VLC media player is that, this player is very much useful for playing the videos and other multimedia files. There are no issues still I have seen in this Player. But some of the time when we make the use of the CDs or the DVDs then there are the chances for getting the mechanical noise. Produced by the DVD reader, so for that reason there is the option are present in this VLC media player that can be used to slow down the DVD drive speed. With the use of the Nero Drivespeed I just managed those DVD drive speed. So with the use of this Application it is possible to slow down the DVD drive speed.

Yes there must be some of the option or some of the feature is need to be implements in this new VLC media player, so that the over speed of the DVD’s Drive and the CD’s Drive should be managed. And also without any of the issue, so if these features are included in the latest VLC then this will be the good thing.

This is really the issue for the DVD’s Drive that it makes some of continues noise while we try to play the DVD’s or the CD’s. So I just one suggestion for this thing to make works, still I have not try this out but may it will help you out. So for that you can make the use of the SCSI MMC-2 interface documents which consists of the "SET STREAMING" command, so this command can be send to the drive. So if it works then this will be used for this thing to maintain the speed of the DVD’s Drive.

Just make the use of this thing may this will make the difference there in the VLC media player, because even I was also facing the same issue.
    But after I make the use of the ‘$ setcd /dev/dvd1 -x 1‘ in order to slow down the DVD drive speed. i have seen the improvement there in the media player.

I think this is not the responsibility of the media player to slow down the speed of the DVD readers to maintain. So if it is require there in the VLC media player, so this are the thing have to be include in the patch for these thing to be include in the next version of the ‘VLC media player’.

According to my information the thing that are required here in this condition, is that this is not related to the application that it have to make the maintenance for the other hardware issue, I Think if we make the fixing of the DVD’s Drive properly in the Cabinet.

Then may the sound frequency will be reduced with the fix for these issue.

VLC media player is the good media player I have seen for my Laptop, there are many of the advanced features I have seen in this latest version of the VLC media player. The thing for the DVD drive speed is depends on the DVD Drive quality and features, this is not depends on the VLC media player. If the quality of the DVD ROM is good then there are fewer chances for having the speed issue for the DVD ROM. But there should be the option must include in these media player for navigate the speed of DVD ROM.