Thread: vlc unable to offer all videos in a DVD file

vlc unable to offer all videos in a DVD file

i was using vlc media player for screening video and playing music of any kind of file. but recently i came across i issue of VLC's onscreen display of the contents showing only one video. i am unable to get a list of all the videos, and unable to tell VLC which one to play. I made an attempt for various title or chapter incantations, but getting the first video playing. i am not unable to get it. please provide some solution for it.

Re: vlc unable to offer all videos in a DVD file

i want to say that you might came across of VLC playing the DVD directly, either directly from the DVD media, or from a folder . you could simply copy the complete DVD files to a folder and have access over it from it. after this make use of either "open disc" or "open folder" menus.

to my consideration, there was a similar problem which i came across and can say that "VOB" files are just MPEG TS which are also called as transport streams. and VLC will be able to play a VOB directly as a stand-alone object . and then simply from the DVD have copy of the files. if you play it in different player other than vlc then you should rename ".VOB" to ".ts".in the VOB you should be able to get the video, with no menus.

there is a common case where when you insert the DVD then it will automatically redirect to the files and there you should find the files in the video TS section. here there will be other specifications mentioned along with the file. the memory usage a particular file mentioned can determine the file. usually the file with larger size plays for more time interval and those with titles just finish after the title introduction part. select this files with your interest. and you will come across where all the video will contain a single file.select it to play the entire part.

you will find the list of chapters, titles, and the main UI contains chapters and is available in the navigation menu. according to me libdvdnav is been carried from vlc and dvd specification is confidential because libdvdnav itself is reverse engineered.

there were some radio buttons found in my case. they seem to appear at the time of the directory is opened and does not play when we make a selection over the video file . i got some chapters to play and it is allowed to use Playback Chapter options afterward. after trying on some of the topics i didn't came to a possible solution.

seikialice88 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nityaa View Post
    i was using vlc media player for screening video and playing music of any kind of file. but recently i came across i issue of VLC's onscreen display of the contents showing only one video. i am unable to get a list of all the videos, and unable to tell VLC which one to play. I made an attempt for various title or chapter incantations, but getting the first video playing. i am not unable to get it. please provide some solution for it.

Thanks you for the post.