Thread: Getting cropped video while playing MP4 in VLC player

Getting cropped video while playing MP4 in VLC player

In my computer I have installed VLC player and I use to watch videos and movies with VLC player only. Now I am facing problem while playing MP4 video in VLC player. Whenever I play MP4 file in VLC player at that time I get cropped video and which is very frustrating for me. Is there any setting which to be corrected or problem is with the VLC player?

Re: Getting cropped video while playing MP4 in VLC player

Does it happen with all the MP4 files with VLC player or this problem occurs with any particular Mp4 file in your computer. If you are facing this problem any particular MP4 file then I think problem is with that file and if you are facing problem with the all the MP4 file in the VLC player the problem is occurring because of the wrong setting.

Have you tried to solve this problem b changing the aspect ration in VLC player. Sometimes some videos have different resolution and we can view that video properly by changing the aspect ratio in the VLC player. Normally VLC player automatically select the best suitable view but as you are getting cropped video and that is why you should try change the aspect ratio and then check whether you can see the video properly or not. as far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

Yes I will also suggest you the same by changing the aspect ratio you can fix this problem. If you don’t know about how to change the aspect ratio then you have to do following steps.

First you have to open the VLC player in your computer and after opening the VLC player you have to open the video which you want to play. Now after that you have to right click on the video and then you have to put the cursor on the video and then you have to move the cursor to the aspect ratio option and then from there you have to change the ration. You should try different ratio.

I hope by doing this steps you will be able to solve this problem. If you need any more help then let me know.

If you have installed any additional codec’s in your computer then I will suggest you to remove that from your computer and after removing that you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not. many times due to additional codec’s also this type of problem can take place.

I have read the problem which you are facing with the VLC player and I would like to tell you that you should disable the Overlay video output in the VLC player ad after doing that try to play the MP4 video again and then you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not. as far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solvd.

To disable the Overlay video output in the VLC player you have to perform these steps.

• First open the VLC player in your computer.
    • After that you have to click on the tools.
    • Now click on the preferences.
    • After that you have to click on the show all setting.
    • Now select the video option.
    • Now you have to disable the Overlay video output.

After doing that check whether same problem is occurring or not.

I have tried to solve this problem by changing the aspect ratio in the VLC player but after changing the aspect ratio also I was facing the same problem. Now after that I have also tried to solve this issue by disabling the Overlay video output but that idea doesn’t helped me to solve this problem.

I have also checked other Mp4 files and with many files I am facing this problem. Is there any other way to solve this problem then let me know?

After referring your reply I will suggest you to uninstall the VLC player from your computer and after uninstalling the VLC player from your computer you have to restart the PC. Now after that you have to install the VLC player again in your computer and after installing the VLC player in your computer again you have to chck whether same problem is occurring or not.

If reinstalling the VLC player dos not help you to fix this problem then I will suggest you to download click on the help and after that you have to click on the check for the update option and then if it shows that new version is available then you have to download that and after that you have to install that in your computer and after installing that in your computer your problem might get solved.

Try this solution and then let me know what the result is.

Yes I will also suggest you the same solution because updating the VLC player can fix many issues. In my computer I was also facing problem with the VLC player and after that I have tried to fix this problem by trying many solutions but after that also I was facing the same problem and after that I have downloaded the latest VLC player from the internet and after downloading that I have installed the VLC player in my computer and after installing the VLC player in my computer all the problem get solved. I think you should also update the VLC player in your computer and after that your problem will also get solved.

Thanks for helping me. I have downloaded the latest VLC player from the internet and after that I have installed the VLC player in my computer and after installing the VLC player in my computer all the problem get solved. Now I am not facing any problem with my computer. Thank you for helping me.