Thread: Not able to uninstall Java TM 6 Update 29

Not able to uninstall Java TM 6 Update 29

I am using windows 7 and the problem that i am facing is that i am not able to uninstall Java TM 6 Update 29. I have been trying doing the same but then i have not got any success yet. I have also tried to use javaRA but then after using them as well when i am checking them out it in the control panel then i am able ti see them again.When i am trying to uninstall it then i am getting a message saying "Fatal error during uninstalltion". When i am checking for java on my machine then it is saying that java is not installed on my pc.Is there anyone who has faced the same and can help me out as well. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Not able to uninstall Java TM 6 Update 29

I am using windows 7 and the problem that i am facing is that i am not able to uninstall Java TM 6 Update 29. I have been trying doing the same but then i have not got any success yet. I have also tried to use javaRA but then after using them as well when i am checking them out it in the control panel then i am able ti see them again.When i am trying to uninstall it then i am getting a message saying "Fatal error during uninstalltion". When i am checking for java on my machine then it is saying that java is not installed on my pc.Is there anyone who has faced the same and can help me out as well. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    I will suggest you to re-install java from the java website again and see if you are able to solve it out. If you have it then you will get a message saying ""This software has already been installed on you computer. would you like to reinstall it?" so here just click on yes and then wait until the process is finished and after that reboot the machine and see if ti is making any difference or not. I think that reinstalling it and then uninstalling it again will solve the issue. Just check it out and then let me know what you get.

I will try it out but then before that i just wanted to share that when i am going in to the control panel then i am able to see a java "icon" which is like a coffe mug but then when i am double clicking on it then i get a error message saying ""The system cannot find the specified file. C:\Program Files\java\bin\javacpl.exe" i am not getting much from it so do you have an idea about this??

I think that your java file might have been corrupted or you might have deleted some files that is not allowing you to uninstall it, just try out reinstalling it and then uninstalling it again and see what you get,Try it out and let me know for further help.

I have tried reinstalling it from java website and the process followed like this:
    • This software has already been installed on your system. Would you like to install it again. Yes/No- i clicked on yes
    • Preparing to remove
    • Gathering required information
    • This software has already been installed on your system. Would you like to install it again. Yes/No- i clicked on yes
    • Preparing to remove
    • This software has already been installed on your system. Would you like to install it again. Yes/No-i clicked on yes
    • Preparing to remove

After that i did not got any pop ups and alter when i checked it out on the java website then i am getting the following message:
    "No working Java was detected on your system.
    Install Java by clicking the button below."
    I am really running out of ideas now, any further help will be appreciated.

That seems to be quite weird, you can just try to delete the java files that is present in the system. in order to do the same just search for "java" files and folders and if you get any of them in the search result then just delete them and make sure that you are deleting them from the recycle bin as well. After doing the same try out the reinstalling process again and after that try to uninstall it and then let me know whether you are able to uninstall it or not. Best of luck.

I have now deleted all the files and the folders that i have found in the search result and after that i tried out the re installation process again but then during the installation attempt, i got the below error:
    "Download failed:
    From=http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/GetFile/1.6.0_29-b110/windows-i586/jre1.6.0_29-c.msi,to=C:\Documents and Settings\Vaishali Sood\Application Data\Sun\Java\jre1.6.0_29\jre1.6.0_29-c.msi"

What should i do now???

I think that the entry from the Add/Remove is lacking behind, As you have tried to install it again and you have not able to do the same, even after that some files might have been transferred in to your system. So now do not delete any files manually and again try to uninstall it from the add/remove program and then and after that just use the MyUninstaller to remove the remaining entries in Add/Remove ad after the process is completed just try to reinstall it again and then let me know if you are able to install it or not??

I have tried out the same and now i am getting this:
    "The installer cannot proceed with the current Internet Connection Settings.
    Please visit the java website for more information"

I have tried out the same and now i am getting this:
    "The installer cannot proceed with the current Internet Connection Settings.
    Please visit the java website for more information"
    I think that you should try to install it through the Command prompt as it can provide you the required files to uninstall it later, in order to do so just follow the below steps:
    • First go to the java website and then navigate to the Free Java Download button. and then save it on the desktop.
    • After that go start and then click on run and then type "cmd" without the quotes and then click on enter.
    • You will get a new black window so noe type "cd Desktop" without the quotes again and then press enter.
    • After that type "JavaSetup6u24.exe /LV* %TEMP%\jreMSI.log" and proceed with the installation.

When you are sure that it is installed properly then uninstall it from the add/remove program and see if you are able to do the same.Best of luck.

I have done the same and i am getting a error during the installation "JavaSetup6u24.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file" any further help will be highly appreciated.

I will suggest you to use javaRA and then remove the old files and after that just use the add/remove program and then try uninstall it and then restart your machine and then download and run the javaRA . After that just restart your machine again and then download the new java 7.1 and install it as well and after installing it update to sp3. I think that you problem will be solved, just try it out and then let me know what you get.

idea Re: Not able to uninstall Java TM 6 Update 29

Quote Originally Posted by Panop View Post
    I will suggest you to re-install java from the java website again and see if you are able to solve it out. If you have it then you will get a message saying ""This software has already been installed on you computer. would you like to reinstall it?" so here just click on yes and then wait until the process is finished and after that reboot the machine and see if ti is making any difference or not. I think that reinstalling it and then uninstalling it again will solve the issue. Just check it out and then let me know what you get.
    Look, had the same problem, but what i did was getting to the main folder where the java files were and clicked on the icon that was for updating the software, did it that way and when it was done updating, i just restarted the computer, and went to control panel, clicked on the java icon and clicked then on uninstall, took a bit i was getting pretty nervous but at the end the java icon dissapeared from the control panel where you can see all the programs. It never appeared a window saying "uninstalling" or anything like that but at at the end it just did.
    I'm telling you this because i tried some of the things you did, and it also had pop windows saying there was an error and couldn't install the file from java.com, etc. but when i went to the main folder where the java files are (on the window error said the exact location) through the windows explorer, the everything worked as it should be... perfectly fine.

Hope this info helped you and good luck!!!!