Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Intel Rapid storage-technology offers low performance with RAID 5

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    46

    Intel Rapid storage-technology offers low performance with RAID 5

    I want to know about the Rapid Storage Technology and RAID storage. I had found that this Intel Rapid storage-technology driver does not works properly with RAID 5. I mean to say that it works but the performance comes after using this both the combinations is being useless. Otherwise Gigabyte GA-H57M-USB3 Board is running fine and power consumption is nearly as expected. the RAID5 speed is being also major issue on this combinations. Windows 7 32 bit running on it. Can anyone describe the best way that works to fix this complex issue?? Thanks in advance for any such help.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    505

    Re: Intel Rapid storage-technology offers low performance with RAID 5

    I was with the most up-to-date drivers from Intel 6 series chipset. this is the chipset driver that works well on this windows 7 system. In that case, i suggest to you for just try to update your system chipset driver. Such advanced technology based driver works to make proper connection with the RAID 5 connector of HDD. this is the best technology and it will be work to fix your complex issue. try this and check its details. this is best for you.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    351

    Re: Intel Rapid storage-technology offers low performance with RAID 5

    This Intel Rapid storage-technology driver works for putting your HDD's into a RAID configuration. hence i would be say that updating the drivers is being incredible way that works to fix this type of low performance problem. You can simply try to do this task using the proper instructions on it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    544

    Re: Intel Rapid storage-technology offers low performance with RAID 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Abhiroopa View Post
    This Intel Rapid storage-technology driver works for putting your HDD's into a RAID configuration. hence i would be say that updating the drivers is being incredible way that works to fix this type of low performance problem. You can simply try to do this task using the proper instructions on it.
    If your system uses an earlier version you can update the driver by following correct guidelines. In the Device Manager just expand the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers. Then open the Intel SATA Controller driver and perform upgrade task on it. this will be work to do this upgrade task on proper way. do this with using the online help and check its result. i am sure that this helps to improve performance.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    526

    Re: Intel Rapid storage-technology offers low performance with RAID 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Erakna View Post
    If your system uses an earlier version you can update the driver by following correct guidelines. In the Device Manager just expand the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers. Then open the Intel SATA Controller driver and perform upgrade task on it. this will be work to do this upgrade task on proper way. do this with using the online help and check its result. i am sure that this helps to improve performance.
    Instead of doing this upgrade driver task using online facility, you can also use the motherboard disk. normally such disk comes out at the time of buying this motherboard. Try this and check the result of this mainboard. This using the motherboard CD, such driver upgrade also works on your system.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    449

    Re: Intel Rapid storage-technology offers low performance with RAID 5

    Well, removing the Intel Rapid Storage Technology and ICH10R controller driver did some impact on such gigabyte mainboard. you can try to first remove this driver completely on it. then reboot your mainboard. AFter finishing it, try to perform fresh installation on this mainboard. This will be work to fix your performance problem.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    804

    Re: Intel Rapid storage-technology offers low performance with RAID 5

    I will add my experience to the discussion. Instead of performing such risky task, i can say that simply do the restore setting task on your gigabyte motherboard. as you already discuss that windows 7 exist on it. Try to perform the restore setting task with using the proper restore point. I'm sure that it works to improve performance of this driver on raid 5.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    492

    Re: Intel Rapid storage-technology offers low performance with RAID 5

    Quote Originally Posted by DanielaA View Post
    I will add my experience to the discussion. Instead of performing such risky task, i can say that simply do the restore setting task on your gigabyte motherboard. as you already discuss that windows 7 exist on it. Try to perform the restore setting task with using the proper restore point. I'm sure that it works to improve performance of this driver on raid 5.
    If still you not satisfied with it, simply start system in safe mode. then perform driver update task on it. It definately works to fix your problem. this safe mode of the system always works to avoid any risky file running on it. hence driver upgrade using safe mode is being really safe.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    641

    Re: Intel Rapid storage-technology offers low performance with RAID 5

    Quote Originally Posted by GALIENA View Post
    If still you not satisfied with it, simply start system in safe mode. then perform driver update task on it. It definately works to fix your problem. this safe mode of the system always works to avoid any risky file running on it. hence driver upgrade using safe mode is being really safe.
    If you want a really good data transfer rate with this driver technology on your raid 5 then you need to install Windows 7 64-bit OS. This is also work to fix such driver issue and improve the performance of such driver on your raid 5 slot. Try this and check its details. This is well for you.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    638

    Re: Intel Rapid storage-technology offers low performance with RAID 5

    Quote Originally Posted by QUENBY View Post
    If you want a really good data transfer rate with this driver technology on your raid 5 then you need to install Windows 7 64-bit OS. This is also work to fix such driver issue and improve the performance of such driver on your raid 5 slot. Try this and check its details. This is well for you.
    You can also try this with using the other RAID port . this is well for just checl its result on the other raid that will be not yet tried for this driver technology. The standard RAID levels are a basic set of RAID configurations and employ striping. It is just a way of storing the same data in different places. Hence simply try to change this level and check what performance happens on your system. This is well for you.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    46

    Re: Intel Rapid storage-technology offers low performance with RAID 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Leanne View Post
    You can also try this with using the other RAID port . this is well for just checl its result on the other raid that will be not yet tried for this driver technology. The standard RAID levels are a basic set of RAID configurations and employ striping. It is just a way of storing the same data in different places. Hence simply try to change this level and check what performance happens on your system. This is well for you.
    Thanks for such valuable information abotu this query. I believe I have found the origin of the problem on this machine. i will try it on my gigbyte motherboard and i hope that this will be work for me to fix this complicated problem. Thanks for such wonderful informations on it.

Similar Threads

  1. Intel released the Rapid Storage Technology 11.0.0.1032
    By Hammond in forum Motherboard Processor & RAM
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 23-02-2012, 06:58 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-05-2011, 10:28 PM
  3. Intel Rapid Storage Technology service does not run on startup
    By MassMan in forum Motherboard Processor & RAM
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22-02-2011, 04:23 AM
  4. Rapid Storage Technology - RAID Failure
    By Jensen Ackles in forum Hardware Peripherals
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-07-2010, 05:58 AM
  5. Rapid Storage Technology and RAID storage
    By Devabrata in forum Hardware Peripherals
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 30-06-2010, 06:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •