Thread: What is the difference between Acer VGA Driver and AMD driver

What is the difference between Acer VGA Driver and AMD driver

I am using the Acer Aspire TimelineX 5820TG,which contain a VGA Ati 5650. There are few things i need to ask about this laptop. For this VGA i have drivers from both side. that means from AMD website (80MB) and Acer website (250MB). In both places they have specified the different version number. First of all i have installed the AMD version. There was no changes at all, same as current. But it said that it contain several bug fixes for few games. The issues was about the Fps and CPU usage. However even after installing the newest drivers i didnt see any fixes or any improvements while playing games. the Fps was same as before and the CPU usage was high, about 995. What can i do now? Should i have to uninstall them and go for different drivers?

Re: What is the difference between Acer VGA Driver and AMD driver

Perhaps you confuse between the chipset of the motherboard is the chipset of the graphics chip (VGA). For your problem, we must see what graphics chip is mounted in your motherboard thanks to Everest or type in Run>>> dxdiag>>> ok>>> On the View tab to see the name of the graphics chip and then go to the manufacturer to download the driver

In the Device Manager, right-clicking on: "VGA Driver" (where you have the yellow dot) property => details.
    From the dropdown menu select "hardware ID".
    Search the information on google. (Sequence of digits and letters)

Intel and AMD will announce a joint press release, in 2015 the somewhat outdated VGA interface no longer want to support. The same applies to the interfaces LVDS and DVI-I. Instead, the chip makers want to promote the dissemination and development of modern interface standards such as HDMI or display port.

Since VGA ports are at home are still widespread, lasting change at the end-users will be longer than until 2015. The DisplayPort connector is here for backward compatibility. VGA and DVI interfaces can be addressed here through certified adapters. The VGA interface is now around 20 years old, despite the proliferation of digital standards, the analog 15-pin connector still beating bravely in the living and working rooms of the world. For DVI is it indeed already is a digital interface, However, the DVI-I interface includes also an analog signal.

I dont know what you are exactly looking for? Are you looking for bug fix for games as well your graphics card otherwise latest driver for VGA on your motherboard? AMD drivers surely get bug fixes but from Acer i dont think so. They just update the drivers to latest version for enhanced functionality.