Thread: How to remove Intel Turbo Boost Monitor

How to remove Intel Turbo Boost Monitor

I am having the laptop that is with the Intel i5 -2410m and Windows 7 64 bit installed. So What I want is to remove the Turbo Boost Monitor as of the Start Up menu and that should not affect the performance of the laptop.If you know the way to do that then please let me know that. Please reply as soon as possible.

Re: How to remove Intel Turbo Boost Monitor

I would like to tell you that this is just the monitor and therefore it will not affect the the performance of the system and so you need not to care about that.Anyways, if you wish to disable that then you can run the system configuration and you will be able to do that from there.

Sorry for posting my question over here but I thought that this will be the best place to start this and so I am posting this over here. you might find this as a noob question but I really dont know anything about this. I want to request you all to post as much information about the Intel Turbo Boost Monitor over here so that I can have a good idea about this before I use it. Please reply.

This is the utility that allows you to monitor the performance of Intel Turbo Mode, which is implemented in processors series Core i7 and Core i5, which enables the processor clock frequency is automatically increased when the type of application being used, the temperature processor and its overall consumption permit.
    Here are the supported processors:
    • Intel Core i5 processors
    • Intel Core i7 processor
    • Intel Core i7 processor Extreme Edition
    • Mobile Intel Core i5 processors
    • Intel Core i7 mobile processors
    • Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition Mobile Processor

Before using that, you will require to know the instructions to install that. so you can get the steps to install that from here. You can read other posts above this. This will help you to understand this.

The Intel Turbo Boost Monitor is a sidebar gadget that makes the use of the boost mode at i5 and i7 processors. This technology has been included in the latest Core i5 and Core i7 and its purpose is to allow to increase the frequency of a nucleus when the others are inactive so that the core application that uses that benefit from the increased power. Intel has developed a utility to monitor performance mode that can be used under Windows Vista and Windows 7-is a sidebar gadget that will allow check-processor performance at all times so when you activate Turbo Boost and when not on.

I cannot understand that why you wish to remove that. This is one of the most important feature that Intel has implemented. I will never recommend you to remove that.