Thread: How to Stream Blu Ray from one WDTV live hub to another??

How to Stream Blu Ray from one WDTV live hub to another??

HEy all, i am here to get some suggestion for Streaming Blu Ray from one WDTV live hub to another. for the same reason i have alsp tried with the so many of the other forums but yet, i have not get the proper suggestion for this, hope that someone here will help me for giving me some clarification about this. let me tell you here that i am having two WDTV live hubs, both hard wired to a D-Link GIgaswitch. and also i am hvaing one cmputer which is having Gigatech network adapter, and i have connected the both tht hubs by CAT5 cable. i am having the media which is there in the USB connected to the basement WDTV Live hub. when i am trying to stream all dvd to the upstairs at that time i am getting that i am able to do that thing, but at the same time i am getting that the some Blu Rays will play for about 3 minutes then start stuttering and afert that they will stop. i am here not getting the reason that why this is not workign?? can here anyone tell me the reasons for that and also reply me here if anyone have the suggestion for this.

Re: How to Stream Blu Ray from one WDTV live hub to another??

if you are getting that type of the problem then for that i think the main reason is transfer speed of your home network. this is because transfer speed of your home network will affect the streaming of your movies, i am not having more knowledge about this all, but still i am thinking here that this will be the main reason ion your case. hope that someone here will help you in this case.

after reading your problem, i can say here that this is looking me like the Hub doesn't have the horsepower to stream high-bitrate sources to other devices, and i am sure about this things. for resolving this you will need to try with the using MEDIA SERVER (Twonky) function instead of a Network Share. with the help of this, you stream the m2ts file that contains the main feature. try with this and reply me back about the results for this. i am telling you this all things because Media Servers use lower overhead, usually, and for that reason only this can also stream higher bitrate sources more reliably. try with that all and hope that this will help you for resolvig the problem .

YEs i tried with the media server option as you have recommendedme in the post but after that i am getting that it will only show the "Local" content. it is not showing the items which are there on the 2 external HDD plugged in on the downstairs WDTV Live Hub. now what can i do for getting that files to transfer through the media server?? is there any way for doing that things?? thanks for suggesting me abot this.

OK, if you are thinking for doing that things then for that you will need to se the Twonky configuration page (web page) to add the USB disks to the index. try with that and i am sure that you will be able to do that things.

hey thanks again for that but, can you please tell me back that how can i access that page??? i am not able to do that things for that i am asking.

sure, if you are thiking for accessign that page than try with as::

• Click the wrench icon, then under "Basic Settings" and afer that select "Sharing".
    • and once this is done after that on that page click "Browse" and select USB*
    • after this click on "Save Changes".

try with this and reply me back if you again get any problem over there.

i am sorry here, because before this i have not tried with the working wiht the media server portion at all only the network share. and for that reason i am asking here this all questions to you all. again, can you please tell me:: will i need a program to install or does it come as soon as you connect the live hubs?? and also tell me back that how do I access this "page" with the wrench icon??? before doing this all, i ahve always tried with the using usb direct access and network share, so for that reason only i am here getting this all problems. and before this when i was trying wiht this all at that time i get that I can see the USB storage connected to the Hub, but at the same time i was not able to ee any DLNA devices or Media Servers on my network?Do I need to install Twonky on my PCs with digital content? please reply me back for the suggestion for this.

Dude, let me tell you here that for doing that no software needed. if you are thinking for doing that then you will need to just type in your HUB's ip address in your browsers address bar. after doing this you be presented with the WDTV Live Hubs Web UI. and once you done with that you will need to type in "admin" for the password and after that check "I accept", then Login. try with ths and i am sure that after that you will get your problem to be resolve. reply me back if you get any problem over here .

OK, if you are thinking for doing that things then for that you will need to se the Twonky configuration page (web page) to add the USB disks to the index. try with that and i am sure that you will be able to do that things.
    Hey JustineBB thanks for telling me about that. i tried with looking there but still i can not get the proper suggestion for this. what can i do now?? still i am not getting the way that How to Stream Blu Ray from one WDTV live hub to another????