Thread: unable to sync Read mail in HTC Rhyme .

unable to sync Read mail in HTC Rhyme .

i recently was looking for smartphone and got the HTC Rhyme and looks very useful with its features. i can log in the internet quickly and the processing is good. i also have a laptop and i usually connect with it. but nowadays i am facing some problems regarding the mail. the HTC mail widget is unable to recognize at teh time of opening an email . it is showing the widget as unread. the problem doesn't seem to appear at the time of making use of gmail widget and also in addition to this, there is no integration possible with some other features on my phone. if i am able to use the sync correctly then i would rather prefer for a use of mail widget. please suggest some means to do so..

Re: unable to sync Read mail in HTC Rhyme .

there are people who find problems not only with the gmail but also with other mails. it might seem according to most of the people that there can be problems with the smartphone itself or else there are settings problems while syncing with our laptop.

i should give some points and steps by which first of all make a confirmation of the steps done.
    1. first make the connection to HTC Rhyme to your computer by making use of the USB cable that came in the box.
    2. after you get a prompt you to choose a type of USB connection,then tap HTC Sync, then have a Done. have a wait for HTC Sync so that it recognizes HTC Rhyme.
    3. after this have a enter of the a name for HTC Rhyme which you will find in the Device setup screen.
    4. have a save of it after you have received the Save button. it will prompt the opening of the Device panel.

first of all make sure that there is a suitable download and make sure that you are working with HTC PC Suite and not with some earlier versions of PC Suite which are not enabling you to do so. make a proper download of them and also download those drivers suitable for your phone.

for some time it seemed to me that read mail was synching properly but, i made a minor change and every thing messed up. so that should be the possible reason for me no syncing my mails. i was not able to send any external emails from HTC as i lacked my mail configurations setup on the server . after i made a setup for mail routing it stopped. because of this change i think it is in fact a server issue and this might the case possible for you.

i think there are network issues which are not supporting your phone. or because the server acting slow might be the other reason for this.

the other reason for this could be read mail won't sync if you're using POP. so the possible answer for this would be to set a account as POP or IMAP. and this will enable your HTC to be able to sync read mail. the other thing if everything OK with your POP can be making sure for your wireless reconsile on for that email address.turn it on in the messages under the options. as you are not able to sync with gmail, then the possible problem could be that you require to have the imap version of the Google mail.