Thread: Unable to delete tabs on ruler in Microsoft Office Word 2010

Unable to delete tabs on ruler in Microsoft Office Word 2010

previously i was making use of Windows 97 but later i switched with windows 7.now i am making use of Microsoft word and there were no problems regarding the use. i had to delete tabs which were of no use to me but i came under a issue where i found that for making a deletion of tabs there was no icon placed on ribbon. and i am new to this situation. they were simply sitting at the end when i made an attempt of dragging some off the page.clicking on ruler at desired spot will help me out in this issue but i am unable to locate it. there is no moving possible for me at the end back onto the page

Re: Unable to delete tabs on ruler in Microsoft Office Word 2010

there is no issue in doing this. the procedure is simple and i did it in the previous version of windows ms office 2007 and did not experience in word 2010. but most of the solution will work in the case where you try with dragging it down from the ruler into the text area and you will be having the removal of the tab. the other way to do this is by clicking the symbol to the right of the word "Paragraph" in that section of the ribbon try by opening the paragraph dialog box . there will be allowance of all to be removed or individual ones to be manipulated on the
    tabs button which is present in the dialog.

the other solution if you find it difficult on your side can be that there is another way for setting of the tabs in the tab dialog box. you will be able to see more precise dialog box available than the ruler.you can have access over it by means of clicking on the button to get the paragraph formatting dialog box and clicking on the Tabs button. make a note of this procedure that you don't follow the above scheme in Word 2007 unless you have windows SP1.

there is possible way by which we can get this problem solved, by setting any tab in the ruler and by performing double-click on it, will enable you to get to the tabs dialog .

hi guys, previous one was better but i think if you are making use of the above one constantly, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to it or else make an attachment of the FormatTabs command to the Quick Access Toolbar. consider a note in this situation, that there is display available on the ruler for the built-in default tabs . deletion of the default tab will stops to the left of it, if you set it as a custom tab.

the steps for this to work might be, as follows,
    • from the Format menu, select Paragraph , from the resulting context menu you can also right-click which you have selected and select Paragraph.click the Home tab and then to Paragraph group Dialog launcher in Word 2007 as well as 2010 .at the bottom-left you will find tab.Click it. click at the bottom-right of the clear All button which is present in the Tabs dialog box.click OK after you finish it.

guys, just make a note of this whether it will prove to be solution or not. for this to work , i can suppose in a style in the first place you would want to define the tab stops. because of unnecessarily bloating of your document could take place there is no requirement for making use of direct formatting throughout a document .have a apply of your tab-less style to the paragraphs by means of finding and replacing the offending styles or simply select all.

you can make a check in the Microsoft windows word in the settings of the paragraph in the home menu. i think there you will be able to find some hint for the following.

i will specially thanks in this part as it has provide with the accurate solution for me. i first worked with the possible solution in the word 2007. and when it seemed to be right i tried in 2010. i had a doubt whether it will work or not, but in my case it did worked and there are no problems regarding this issue.