Thread: WDFME.exe RAM usage

WDFME.exe RAM usage

i dont know why and how this WDFME.exe using 90 percent of my RAM. i really not understand why WD wrote this program, which using this much RAM at once. Anyone else have this problem? Please if anyone has any idea about this than please let me know.

Re: WDFME.exe RAM usage

i have my computer with disk light permanently on. After lots of searches, the technique that cause that behaviour is wdfme.exe. As this technique is walking, is imposible to work. Killing the technique let me work, but leave my passport out of connection for backup porpouse.

I disable wdfme service from Windows Services. Then, i can emerge WDSmartWare.exe without obtaining that service in to run. I can access then my disk and my backup program can run without any trouble. The query here, is what is wdfme? what it does? when do i require it? or i require it? If the service is there for backup porpouse via wd backup program after that i will like a checkbox to disable all this alternatives from program.

The primary use of the disk, is for backup porpouse (using other application), in PC. Then i use the disk finally in my laptop as i am utlizing it at present. Executing WDSmartWare, ask for the password, after that i type it & ask me to put in damaged application, each time i turn on the PC. It is anoying. I love the application, & i really like new feature, the that keep in mind password for THIS computer. In my laptop it is still asking for it, & that is an right means of doing things. But in spite of that i disable all wd services, the computer is hanging "using" the disk. Not when idle, all time.

The new update is trully slowing down my system. I verified and it is using 95% of my memory! I am running Windows 7 on an i5-64 with 6 GB of memory, so there is not anything special regarding my machine and, in fact, until the last update things were functioning well. How could WD release a piece of application that makes use of memory like this? The last time the application was a memory hog they issued an update soon after. Turning the update off is no way out. That is why I bought these disks, for automatic update. The drives are marketed with that "feature."

I as well have WAY lots of Resources consumed by WDFME.exe. This program utilize 96% of my memory and causes my computer to slow down to intollerable levels. EVEN when IM NOT using backup! WD immediately fix this disruptive behavior. It's me thinking you are not able to generating well planned programs. The UI as well has a few grave flaws that are not a nice instance of a company of your reputation.

it's been months as my preliminary trouble. This file continues activating on startup, dragging 8GB of RAM down to below 300MB. Apparently WD has no interest in listening to customers trouble. I will be removing their application from my computer, formatting all my WD drives of the whole thing WD except the logo, and looking in to other manufacturers that don't place maleware function on my computer.

I have uninstalled the application and determine that I will acquiring WD drives the next time I neccesitate an outside hard drive. An apology just has meaning when the person apologizing either makes it right or says while it will be made right. This has been going on for a very long time, and this is the first time we have even had an indication the issue has been acknowledged & addressed. This is no way to run a company that depends on return customers.