Thread: New Windows Version 1.5.1.6 of WD SmartWare

New Windows Version 1.5.1.6 of WD SmartWare

Now new WD SmartWare windows version 1.5.1.6 is available. i try to search for this. but yet, no information. anyone have any idea about this? any rumour or any issues with this? Please if anyone has any idea about this than please know me about this.

re: New Windows Version 1.5.1.6 of WD SmartWare

WD SmartWare need software for windows 2000 professional, I have an external hard drive My Book Live.unfortunately neither the WD My Book Live and WD SmartWare are supported in Windows 2000, the minimum requirement for support is Windows XP.

I tried doing the update, I followed all the instructions, but in the end he says "installation failed (error code 1603), moreover, the program has stopped seeing the hard drive, but the PC recognizes it normally!

Fixed incorrect information displayed, if the destination drive is full.
    1. Fixed high memory usage on certain systems.
    2. Backup only the files and folders you want. Users now have the flexibility to backup either by pre-defined categories of files or to select individual files and folders.

As per me, this edition is much better than 1.5.0.17. i didn't utilize back up, so i didn't know how back up performance, but WDFME been functioning well. smartware loading faster too. up till now free space trouble looks fixed too, well possibly i need more time to make sure it actually fixed.

The upgrade doesn't complete. I get an 'Error 1603' message, & no upgrade. First I stopped virus protection, then tried to put in new version. As I type I am looking for version of current install, but I cannot access it. It constantly desires to close & posts a pop-up message: "WD SmartWare has encountered a trouble and requires to close. They are apologies for the inconvenience".

It does run much better than before. NOT GOOD yet, but better (which means the older version was REALLY bad). The new program will at a standStill take over my computer from time to time, but its good than before. at a standStill not acceptable to the extend that I am concerned. This is not lovely, and I think about this a major bug. Your program necessitates to delete these temp files it buils. The more files that are there, the slower disk access will be, not to mention wasted disk space.

No wonder the application is so slow, & banging away at my hard drive. What on earth are you storing in these files? The only thing you ought to ever must store, is pathname & date/time of last alteration, of the files/folders I have chosen for backup. I cannot imagine that knowledge consuming this much disk space. I think you ought to be able to do that in memory. I would hope you are not using these files, to store "data" that is about to be copied, and I would wish you are not wasting time tracking path knowledge for files and folders.

I also have had the similar trouble of memory usage by WDFME.exe the time I setup and utilized the Auslogics BoostSpeed application to improve the performance of my computer. It was bad than ever before. I right away got that WDFME.exe was utilizing complete memory at present and was the source of the main trouble. That was not the case the day before. Today, I have restarted the Windows Indexing Services I had cease to gain performance and everything is all right until now.

Re: New Windows Version 1.5.1.6 of WD SmartWare

I rebooted the PC & watched the technique unfold. SmartWare again "Categorized" the files & then after some time showed "Backup Accomplished Successfully" with a whole backup of the 15 GB. But after that in around some time Smartware showed the backup persuing & removing files that were historicallyin the past backed up. After a couple of minutes it would show "Backup Accomplished Successfully" again & after a couple of minutes start deleting backed up files again, till my complete back up showed just around 600 files.

I have the same problem when updating to recent WD Smartware. Update unsuccessful, error code 1603. Tried to uninstall smartware, got error as well, so can't uninstall. It was working fine before update, now WD SW does not function properly, It doesnot show external drive any more, but windows sees it. I have Windows xp with all the latest updates, and all .net framework (even vers. 4 with upgrades). Don't ask me to reinstall all of my .net framework soft. Do you know how much time it takes to reinstall all this with all the security updates? Any good solution to uninstall WD SW and reinstall it back? Seems I'm not the only one having this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sr.g View Post
    I have the same problem when updating to recent WD Smartware. Update unsuccessful, error code 1603. Tried to uninstall smartware, got error as well, so can't uninstall. It was working fine before update, now WD SW does not function properly, It doesnot show external drive any more, but windows sees it. I have Windows xp with all the latest updates, and all .net framework (even vers. 4 with upgrades). Don't ask me to reinstall all of my .net framework soft. Do you know how much time it takes to reinstall all this with all the security updates? Any good solution to uninstall WD SW and reinstall it back? Seems I'm not the only one having this problem.
    Well, you can download a tool called Revo Uninstaller which will list all the softwares that is installed in your pc and then with the help of same you can uninstall the software. For an efficient optimal, you will have four modes to uninstall, that is "integrated, safe, Moderate, and Advanced". Depending on your level of demand and time you have, you will opt for either a quick uninstall and "basic" or for a more thorough uninstall.