Thread: Getting Error "PowerPoint found an error that it can’t correct. You should save presentations, quit, and the restart PowerPoint." in PowerPoint 2007

Getting Error "PowerPoint found an error that it can’t correct. You should save presentations, quit, and the restart PowerPoint." in PowerPoint 2007

In my computer I am using MS office 2007 and I have windows XP operating system. From last some days I am facing problem with MS PowerPoint in my computer. now whenever I do any changes in presentation and after that when I try to save that at that time I get the error which I have mentioned in the title. Please help me to solve this issue.

Re: Getting Error "PowerPoint found an error that it can’t correct. You should save presentations, quit, and the restart PowerPoint." in PowerPoint 2007

Does it happen with all the fine in the MS PowerPoint or this problem occurs with any particular presentation? If you are facing the problem with any particular presentation then I think problem is with that presentation file and problem occurs with all the presentation files then I think problem is with the MS PowerPoint or MS office.

Re: Getting Error "PowerPoint found an error that it can’t correct. You should save presentations, quit, and the restart PowerPoint." in PowerPoint 2007

If this problem occurs with any particular files then you should try this solution. You have to first open the presentation in which you are getting this error. Now after opening the file you have to delete some slide and then try to save the documents and then check whether you are getting the same error or not. if you are getting the same error then you should undo the changes and get back the deleted slides and then delete another slides which is left then again try to save the presentations and then check whether you are able to save the presentation or not. if you are able to save the document after that then it means any of the slide is causing this issue.

I hope this information will help you to detect the exact issue.

Have you tried to solve this problem by trying to use the save as option in your presentation file? I will suggest you to open the presentation file and after that you have to click on the office button and then you have to click on the save as option and then use the save as option and then check after trying that you are getting the same error or not.

If above solution does not help you to solve this problem then I think problem is with the file location where you are trying to save the file. I will suggest you to click on the save as option and then you should change the file location and save it new location and after that check whether your problem get solved or not.

If you are trying to save this file in the network drive and after that you are facing this problem then I will suggest you to try to save the file in the local directory of the computer and then you have to check whether you are getting the same error or not.

You should try the above solution and I think after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

I am aware of this issue and I agree with the above post. I was also facing the similar type of issue in my computer and after that I have tried several tricks to solve this problem but after that also I was facing the same problem and then I have use the save as option and then saved the file in new location and then it get saved successfully. I think you should also try the same solution and then your problem will get solved.

I have tried to solve this problem by saving the file at the different location and when I use the save as option and try to save the file after changing the location at that time also I get the same error.

This problem occurs with most of the file in my computer and I am not trying to save the file on the network drive.

If anyone facing the same problem and have solutions then please help me. Any help will be appreciated.

You have mentioned in your above post that you are facing this problem with most of the Presentation file in the MS PowerPoint and that is why I will suggest you to try to solve this problem by running the Microsoft diagnostic tool in your computer and after running the Microsoft diagnostic tool it will detect the problems in the Microsoft components which is installed in your computer and then it will solve the issues. I think you should try this solution and then your problem will get solved.

To run the Microsoft diagnostic tool you have to go to the start menu and then you have to go to the all programs and then go to the MS office and then go to the office tools and then run the Microsoft diagnostic tool.

Well if you have already tried to solve this problem by running the Microsoft diagnostic tool and after that also if you are facing the same problem then you should repair the MS office and then your problem will get solved. Most of the time repairing the MS office can solve this type of issues. Try this solution and check what the situation is.

To repair the MS office 2007 you have to follow these steps.
    • Open the control panel.
    • After that you have to click on the add and remove programs.
    • After clicking on the add and remove programs you have to select the MS office 2007.
    • Now click on the uninstall option and then select the repair option.
    • After repairing the MS office 2007 your problem will get solved.

I think you should try to solve this problem by uninstalling the MS office 2007 from your computer and after removing the MS office 2007 from your computer you have to reboot the PC. Now after rebooting the PC you have to run the Ccleaner. After that you have to install the MS office 2007 again in your computer and then check whether your problem gets solved or not?

I have run the Microsoft diagnostic tool in my PC and after running the Microsoft diagnostic tool also I was experiencing the same problem and then I have repaired the MS office and after reaping the MS office in my computer all the things started working fine.