Thread: Outlook email search not working in Microsoft Office 2010

Outlook email search not working in Microsoft Office 2010

hey hi friends, i am using the new Microsoft Office 2010 and with this i am getting some problem with this. and the problem is that i am not able to use the email search bar in Outlook 2010. when i trying with this at that time i get the error as 'no items found'. i have ALSO tried with this checking the setting for that but still no avail for this. can here anyone suggest me for this problem?? please reply me back if here anyone have the suggestion about this.

Re: Outlook email search not working in Microsoft Office 2010

hey dude, i am not getting here that which type of the problem you are getting here. have you tried with the checking for the search feature settings?? if not then try to check that. i am not having the more enough information for you to be able to tell anything. if after checking with the search feature settings is you stil get the same problem with this then reply me back that which type of the search feature are you using?? and also reply me back that where are you performing the search. after this all , may i help you in this case. i am also suing the Microsoft Office 2010, but never have tried with the searching the emails.

Ok, if you are getting this type of the problem then for that i will suggest you to try with the checking the indexing, check that indexing has completed or not???? for that ::

• Go to File > Options > Search > Indexing Options.

if after trying wiht that also you get he same problem than with try rebuilding the index as:::
    • Go to File > Options > Search > Indexing Options > Advanced > Rebuild index

after trying wiht this reply me back about the results.

yes, i am also having the same problem with this. when i try to get the emails which were sent to me over the past 2 weeks, are not showing when i do the search. i have also tried with the above steps but still here i am getting the same problem with this. thanks for the suggestion. what can i do now?? Any other suggestions???

hey dude, thanks for telling me about this setting. i tried with this and really this works fine for me.thanks a lot for such a great suggestion. if i will get any other problem with this then at that time i will reply here back.

YEs, i was also facing the same Outlook email search not working problem. and for resolving the problem i tried with the steps which are ::

• Go to File > Options > Search > Indexing Options.
    • Go to File > Options > Search > Indexing Options > Advanced > Rebuild index
    but still after that i am getting the same problem. thanks for suggesting me about that. but can anyone else suggest me some oterh way for doign the same things??

ThumbsUp Re: Outlook email search not working in Microsoft Office 2010

Outlook search does not need the windows file indexing

follow the steps
    Close Outlook

1. go to control panel
    2. go to indexing option
    3. click on Modify button
    4. Remove outlook from the list
    5. Click ok

Re-open and use Outlook Search