Thread: Save as PDF is giving’ The export failed due to an unexpected error’ error message in Microsoft Word 2010

Save as PDF is giving’ The export failed due to an unexpected error’ error message in Microsoft Word 2010

Whenever I am trying to save the word file as a PDF then I am getting below mentioned error message. It can be stated as ‘The export failed due to an unexpected error’. I let you know that I have installed Microsoft Word 2010 on the computer. any help to fix the matter of mine will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Save as PDF is giving’ The export failed due to an unexpected error’ error message in Microsoft Word 2010

To get the exact root cause of the issue I wanted to tell you which operating system do you running? From when you are getting the above mentioned issue? Is this particular issue associated with all the kind of document or some specific kind of the document? Also Let me know if you are having other information to get the root cause of the issue.

Re: Save as PDF is giving’ The export failed due to an unexpected error’ error message in Microsoft Word 2010

Looking at the situation I am suggesting that you should try to launch the Word into Safe mode and see whether it is working or not.
    In order to launch the safe mode you should press and hold the Ctrl key from the keyword when the Microsoft Word is supposed to launch on the computer of yours. so try the same and let me know whether it was useful to fix the matter or not.

If you are not aware of exact steps to save the document to pdf format than you need to use the following instruction.
    1. You have to click on the Office button and click on the Save as button.
    2. Now you have to click on the PDF or XPS.
    3. From the file name list you have to type and select the name from the document.
    4. Now choose PDF from the Save as type list.
    5. If you wanted to open the file immediately after doing saving then you will need to choose the Open File after publishing check box. You will get the above mentioned option if and only if you have installed PDF reader installed on the computer.

T2embed.dll file is responsible for the generation of the PDF file in Microsoft Office and in the problem of yours it might be not working as expected. Hence you will need to download and install Fix it on the system of yours and see whether you are getting the desired results.

There could be something wrong with the Microsoft Office 2010 itself. So you should simply reinstall the same on the computer. if there is any updates available for the same then you should download and install the same. make sure that you are rebooting the computer after reinstalling as well as updating the Microsoft Office 2010 on the computer. if you are having any query about the above mentioned solution and also in case you are facing any issue then feel free to ask about the same.

The above mentioned issue is happening because of the bug issue. There is no option except contacting the developer of the software to fix the same. Till the issue is fixed by Microsoft and they releases patch I am suggesting that you should simply install the previous version of the Office on the computer. Let’s hope Microsoft people will release the patch as early as possible.