Thread: WD Anywhere Backup is not working with mac after upgrading to Lion

WD Anywhere Backup is not working with mac after upgrading to Lion

I was using WD Anywhere Backup software for mac and I was really liking it as well but then after I have upgraded to lion I am not able to add new back up plans, I mean when I am trying to do so then I am getting 2 choices SmartPicks and Folders respectively and then when I click on the folder option then it just turns gray and then does not respond. I was able to do the same without any problem before upgrading to lion. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it as well? Any suggestion for the same will be appreciated.

Re: WD Anywhere Backup is not working with mac after upgrading to Lion

I have found that there are many people who are facing the same problem and I have not yet came across a solution for the same, I think that there is some kind of incompatibility problem from the WD side , so probably we will have to wait for the next update to fix this out. I am having the same problem and I have been finding a solution to sort this out since 3 days and I have not got any luck. The only option I see now is downgrading again but then if you do not want to do the same then you will have you will have to wait until they address this issue with an update.

Yes even I am having the exact problem and I have found the same response from a no of users who are facing this problem but then I think that waiting for a solution is really not satisfying because as far as I know they have not came up with an update since 2009. So it is just not feasible to depend on them further thinking that they will come up with a solution for the same. I have also tried to contact the WD support but then they just said that they are looking after this and they will reply with a solution soon and it has been more than a week I have not got any kind of response from their side. So I think that expecting them to come up with a solution for this is really a waste of time. I am still searching a solution for the same and I will let you know as well if I found any.

I will suggest you all to contact the WD support and raise this issue again and again so they really try to look in this matter and solve it out soon for us. Just report this issue to the WD support.

Hey guys I am still looking a solution for the same, so I just wanted to know that has anyone found any updates to work with Lion or not. Today I have bought a WD creative book 2 in order to back up safely but then the problem here I am facing is that I am not able to see the previous back up plan setup because the window is just crashing down. Is there anyone who has tried WD creative book 2??