Thread: Getting ‘Nvidia display driver has stopped responding and has recovered.’ Error message after installing Mozilla Firefox 8

Getting ‘Nvidia display driver has stopped responding and has recovered.’ Error message after installing Mozilla Firefox 8

I am getting above mentioned error message ‘Nvidia display driver has stopped responding and has recovered.’ After installing Firefox 8 on the computer. I am using this particular browser from past couple of years but there was no issue. Now tell me what should I do so that the above mentioned issue can be resolved. Let me know if you are having any idea to get the root cause of the issue. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Getting ‘Nvidia display driver has stopped responding and has recovered.’ Error message after installing Mozilla Firefox 8

Can you tell me which graphic card do you using? Which version of the graphic card driver do you have installed? Which version of the operating system do you have installed? Provide the log file of the error message which you are getting on the computer? Let me know if you are having any other information to get the root cause of the problem.

Re: Getting ‘Nvidia display driver has stopped responding and has recovered.’ Error message after installing Mozilla Firefox 8

Looking at the situation I am suggesting following solution which will be helpful to fix the matter of yours.
    You should go for Options and then go for Advanced then you have to go for General and after that you should disable hardware acceleration.

If above mentioned solution is not working for you than you can try the below mentioned solution.
    1. You should go for NVIDIA Control Panel and click on the Manage 3D Settings.
    2. Now you have to click on Global Settings and simply switch to the Power Management Mode and go for Prefer Maximum Performance.
    3. The issue was happening because of the Adaptive settings.

I was also facing the same issue which you have stated over here and I am suggesting following steps which you can try to fix the matter of yours.
    • You have to click on the Nvidia Control Panel and click on 3D Settings.
    • Now you have to click on the Set PhysX configuration and choose the Physx processor.
    • You should choose the graphics card leaving the auto-select.

To fix the matter I am suggesting registry solution which will be helpful to fix the matter of yours.

You should open the registry editor on the computer.

Now look for the following registry.
    Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\GraphicsDrivers
    You should create the DWORD or QWORD name into TdrDelay.

Once you have created you have to change the value to 8. It will allow the GPU to the 8 seconds to the respond rather than that of the 2 seconds.

Make sure that you have installed the latest version of the drivers on the computer. before installing the latest version of the driver you should remove the old version of the drivers. After completing with the process you should reboot the computer.

You told me that you have begin with the above mentioned issue after installing the Firefox 8 so I recommend that you should downgrade the browser.

In case the issue of yours is not solved then you will need to contact the technical support team of the developer and get the further assistance on this particular matter. Let me know if you have managed to resolve the issue so that all the other users who are having the same problem will be able to fix the matter of yours.