Thread: After clicking burn, Roxio Toast 11 crashes in mac os x

After clicking burn, Roxio Toast 11 crashes in mac os x

Recently I have upgrade operating system from Mac snow leopard to lion and after doing that I was facing problem with Roxio Toast software. now after that I have uninstalled that from my computer and then downloaded and installed Roxio Toast 11. Now problem is whenever I click on burn at that time I Roxio Toast 11 crashes. I have tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the Roxio Toast 11but that does not help me to solve this problem. if anyone have solution for this problem then please help me.

Re: After clicking burn, Roxio Toast 11 crashes in mac os x

I think you are experiencing this problem because Xvid codecs. You should open finder and then go to the your HDD. Now you will see the library folder and after that you have to look for the folder called QuickTime. Now open that folder and move all Xvid codec to any other folder. Once you move the Xvid codec then you have open Roxio Toast 11 in your system and then check whether it crashes while clicking on the burn or not? According to me it is a problem related to codecs then it will get solved with the help of this steps. If you still face same problem after trying this solution also then you should remove preference file of Roxio Toast 11 from your system and then start the software again. In many cases this type of issues takes place because of the corrupt preference files and then by resetting the preference file we can solve this problem.

Yes, removing the Xvid codec files will solve this problem. in my MAC pc I was also having problem with Toast software and then first I thought reinstalling the software will resolve this problem and that is why I have reinstalled the software but that does not make any difference. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by downloading the latest version of Toast but that does not make any difference. Now while searching solution internet I have come to know that Xvid codec was causing this problem and then I have removed that from my system and then started Toast software. Now I am not facing any problem with my computer.

Well I have moved Xvid codec folder to any other place and then I have started Roxio Toast 11 In my computer but after doing that also I was facing problem. I have tried to remove preference file for Roxio Toast 11 but I don’t know how to do that. Please provide me steps to remove preference file for Roxio Toast 11. Thank you in advance.

To delete Roxio Toast 11 preferences file from your system you have to go to the library folder from user directory. After doing that you have to open preference folder. When you open library folder at that time you have to make sure that you pres option key. Now delete Toast preference files from there and then you have to open Roxio Toast 11 and then see whether your problem gets solved or not?