Thread: Want some help to sync Android folders on wifi

Want some help to sync Android folders on wifi

Is there any way to get my android folders sync with me PC through WiFi? I have an HTC android mobile phone with me which I purchased few weeks ago. Used it a lot and never had any issue with it. Now the thing is that my phone’s SD card almost empty and I wanted to get certain important folder from my pc to the android phone, another thing is that I have a Wifi connection established at my home. So what I want is to sync those entire folders from my PC to the phone automatically through wifi. The most important thing is that I wanted to do this either of the way; I mean the syncing should be done both the ways. Is there anyone who has some ideas for doing so? If anyone knows then please help me out as soon as possible.

Re: Want some help to sync Android folders on wifi

As far as I know Dropbox has been the only possible solution that I came across but unfortunate I never got a chance to get a taste of it. Actually in my case what happened is the Dropbox wasn’t able to copy the files as accordingly, the files used to always fail to copy automatically on my mobile phone’s SD card. Another issue for me was that I had some 15GB of Music files with me but when I checked out the Dropbox it had only 8GB of space which made it quite difficult for me to get my entire music file together through the dropbox. But anyways the case is always not the same with everyone. Hope it would work in your case smoothly. Except for my case if you check, Dropbox simply works great in others cases.

Obviously it may or may not work the way to want but certainly it does helps a lot with whatever you want. At least it plays a major role of syncing as per our requirement. If you really want to give it a try then you can surely go for it at least once and let me know the result.

Yeah Dropbox is one of the best solution you can go for but as already been said it doesn’t help you the way you want. Either you will be very much happy with its performance if it meets your entire requirement or you will really get frustrated with it if it doesn’t work the way you want.

But other than dropbox if you ask me I would suggest you to go for DoubleTwist AirSync. Now the reason I am suggesting you this is because this app is actually more specific with its working when it comes to music or videos or pictures. This application can easily sync all your music, video files together through Wifi. The best thing is that this application has already been claimed as the top Android app for syncing purpose. It can pair your Android devices to your computer system or Mac. As per your requirement, it automatically imports all your important files from your android phone to your system and vice versa wirelessly. This app is not only used for syncing but also you can stream music or videos or photos to other devices like PS3, Apple TV, Xbox etc. this DoubleTwist AirSync is nothing but an upgraded version of the free DoubleTwist Player.

One of the most important things that are to be noted is that your computer system should definitely have a Windows XP or Vista or 7 SP2 installed in it, or it should have Mac OS X 10.5 or any higher version installed in it. Try it out, I am surely you will like this application very much.

how can i get my external dvd rom back to show the icon on my computer because, after running my window recover, when i plug it,it would not want to read the drive to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by tunlapa333 View Post
    how can i get my external dvd rom back to show the icon on my computer because, after running my window recover, when i plug it,it would not want to read the drive to finish.
    What is the make or model of the external dvd rom that you are connecting to your pc? Have you tried connecting the same dvd rom in some other computer and checked whether it is not a dvd rom problem but issue with either the usb cable or computer? What about the disk, does it even read the disk or not.

Is there any way to get my android folders sync with me PC through WiFi? I have an HTC android mobile phone with me which I purchased few weeks ago. Used it a lot and never had any issue with it. Now the thing is that my phone’s SD card almost empty and I wanted to get certain important folder from my pc to the android phone, another thing is that I have a Wifi connection established at my home. So what I want is to sync those entire folders from my PC to the phone automatically through wifi. The most important thing is that I wanted to do this either of the way; I mean the syncing should be done both the ways. Is there anyone who has some ideas for doing so? If anyone knows then please help me out as soon as possible.
    If you are looking out for anything more advanced and generic for your syncing purpose then you can also go for a portable app Toucan. There is no doubt that the other apps that have been mentioned above are also very good at their spot but trying out Toucan is something more generic and for advanced users. It is a custom built application that is not only used for the purpose of synchronization but also for encrypting the data and data and taking the back up. it maybe a small utility but the most powerful one that could easily secure your data whenever it is stored with lots of options existing. Just because the options are in huge numbers, the applications have used 7 tabs in order to split them up so that you can easily get the option that is necessary for you. Other than outlook this app also has five synchronization modes they are Equalize, Move, Clean, copy and mirror. Now here you can also go for combining them altogether with the help of various file checks like Modified Time, file size in order to remove the possibility or increasing the time of copying. Regarding the backup and restore process it uses standard Zip, 7-Zip and GZip files, the best part about the created archives is that Automatic testing of this thing is strongly supported by the password protection. Other than this there are more other features of Toucan like full support to Windows 7 taskbar then the support of full drag and drop and lastly translations to numerous languages.

Apps are good but with them what happens is that most of the time they all fails to understand the working of our system and also sometimes they are needed to be working as per their requirement. They never go with our system instead our system is forced to work accordingly with the apps. They go on doing thing on their own will as per their own requirement and needs. Like in my case earlier even I use DoubleTwist installed into my system and initially it worked great but then later on I found that this application use to not hold up my folder as per my requirement nor does it use to hold them up as they are. Then later on I came to Toucan and guess what? Even this application had some issue while syncing, the problem with this app was that I wasn’t able to get access to my SD card whenever I used do any task through wifi.