Thread: Getting error 'Unable to connect to printer' while printing from MS word and MS excel 2010

Getting error 'Unable to connect to printer' while printing from MS word and MS excel 2010

In my computer I have installed Microsoft office 2010 and I am facing problem with the MS word and MS excel in my computer. Whenever I try to print the document in my computer from MS word or MS excel at that time I get 'Unable to connect to printer'. Please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

Re: Getting error 'Unable to connect to printer' while printing from MS word and MS excel 2010

I think you should first check whether you are getting this problem with MS office only or you are facing printing error with other programs also. Because other programs also producing the similar error then I think there might be problem with your printer.

Re: Getting error 'Unable to connect to printer' while printing from MS word and MS excel 2010

If you are facing this problem with the MS office only then I will suggest you to try to fix this problem by repairing the MS office. To repair the MS office 2010 in your computer you have to first open the control panel and then you have to go to the uninstall the program and then you have to select the MS office from the program list which you have installed. Now after that you have to click on the uninstall button. After clicking on the uninstall you have to click on the repair option and after that MS office will get repair. Now after repairing the MS office you have to check whether you are able to print or not.

As far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

Yes I will also suggest you the same. Most of the time repairing the MS office will fix this type of the issue and that is why you should try to solve this problem by repairing the MS office. You have to also check whether you have installed all the windows updates or not because doing the windows updates will also help you to resolve this issue.

If above tricks does not help you to fix this issue the you should uninstall the MS office from your computer and after removing the MS office from your computer you have to restart the computer. now after restarting the PC you have to delete all the temporary files from your computer and after removing the temp files you have to install the MS office 2010 in your computer again and after that you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not.

Well after repairing the MS office 2010 when I tried to print the document from MS word and MS excel at that time also I get the same problem. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by uninstalling the MS office from my computer and installing the MS office again and then also I am still getting the same problem.

Now please tell me how to fix this problem.

As you have said that you are getting problem even after repairing the MS office and reinstalling the MS office 2010 also then I think this problem is occurring because of the printer drivers and if you want to solve this issue then you have to first uninstall the printer drivers from your computer and after uninstalling the printer drivers you have to reboot the PC.

Now you have to insert the driver installation CD of your printer and then install the printer drivers again and after doing that you have to check whether you are getting the same problem or not.

You should also check on the internet whether there are any latest drivers available for your printer or not. if you find any new drivers then you have to download that drivers and then install that drivers after removing the old drivers and then your problem will surly get solved.

You can also try to solve this problem by removing the printer drivers completely from your PC and then disconnect the printer. After that restart the computer and then you have to connect the printer again and then allow windows to install the drivers automatically and then everything will work fine.