Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 28-11-2011

Rosetta working in OS X Lion

I installed rosetta on macbook pro with os x lion it works fine. RosettaNonGrata file is a file manager that asks "The launch of"% @ "failed: the PowerPC architecture is no longer supported" when a program tries to make use of Rosetta in Lion, while in Snow leopard is used to request the Rosetta download if not installed.

Code:
10.7 Systems me now respond to the Terminal sudo sysctl kern.exec.archhandler.powerpc challenge 

kern.exec.archhandler.powerpc: / usr / libexec / oah / translate 

So Rosetta is installed in OS X Lion  and it is my default PowerPC architecture "
Old 28-11-2011

Re: Rosetta working in OS X Lion

Well, that didn't work! I copied the contents of the Snow Leopard folder to the Lion one, after first renaming the RosettaNonGrata file to "RosettaNonGrataOld"--attempting to launch Eudora fails. I then renamed the Snowy RosettaNonGrata, and removed the "Old" from the Lion.
Type this in terminal:

Code:
sudo sysctl kern.exec.archhandler.powerpc
I receive the unhappy answer
kern.exec.archhandler.powerpc: /usr/libexec/oah/RosettaNonGrata
Old 28-11-2011

I'm glad I'm not the only one who establishes it did not work. I just spent several hours trying all probable configurations without achievement. Even using the Rosetta installer in Snow Leopard. Just desire to make use of Tex-Edit Plus!
Old 28-11-2011

However that does not mean it will make PPC applications magically work in Lion. Launched and various system binaries responsible for implementing programs should be forced to make use of Rosetta when encounting PPC code and there is no assurance that actually work and make sure that the system then permit the Intel code in the binary system to run PPC code in the program.
Old 28-11-2011

Since the file RosettaNonGrata is a file manager that asks "The launch of"% @ "failed: the PowerPC architecture doesn?t support. It can merely restore the file with the lion RosettaNonGrata snow leopard or leopard?
Old 28-11-2011

I do not imagine you will be capable to install Snow Leopard on the Mac Mini once more. Lion is necessary, and a customized version of Lion in it. As for the installation of Rosetta, RosettaNonGrata file is already there. Copy several supplementary files for Snow Leopard and paste a code in the Terminal is acquire it to work, however it is not. I believe it was a joke.
Old 28-11-2011

OS X Leopard does not run on Mac 2011. You might be capable to do a clean install of OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), although if you have a smaller disk. Apple typically does not permit installation of older operating systems on their hardware.

Bluspacecow is accurate, however. Even if you can acquire Rosetta PPC applications , still does not work for the reason that the operating system simply does not support it.
Old 28-11-2011

Try this command

Code:
07:51:55-bluspacecow~$ which launchd

/sbin/launchd

07:55:16-bluspacecow~$ file /sbin/launchd

/sbin/launchd: Mach-O universal binary with 2 architectures

/sbin/launchd (for architecture x86_64):          Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64

/sbin/launchd (for architecture i386):          Mach-O executable i386
Old 28-11-2011

I installed Rosetta from the DVD. I just installed it for the reason that I needed to install my Final Cut Studio 2 on my new iMac. Sarcastically, the Final Cut Studio suite worked on my old machine, however I could not install on the new machine since the installer was PPC.
Old 28-11-2011

Disable Rosetta:

Code:
sudo /usr/sbin/sysctl -w kern.exec.archhandler.powerpc=/usr/libexec/oah/RosettaNonGrata

Re-enable after it's been installed already:

sudo /usr/sbin/sysctl -w kern.exec.archhandler.powerpc=/usr/libexec/oah/translate
Old 28-11-2011

As I have understood, the merger announced this feature, however reversed, extremely disappointing as I thought it could be capable to run Rosetta in Lion (through Snow Leopard)

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,