Thread: ODBC drivers are missing in win 7 home premium

ODBC drivers are missing in win 7 home premium

I am running win 7 home premium In my system and I have found that I am not having MsAccess etc in my ODBC and it is just showing that I am having SQL database server. I don’t know where the other drivers have gone is there a way to get them back. Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: ODBC drivers are missing in win 7 home premium

I am having the same problem as that of yours and the situation with me is that I am having Windows 7 Professional 64bit and I have upgraded recently and I was using Windows 7 home premium previously and after installing it I had removed some applications like HP programs and Office trial. I have also installed Office XP and F-secure client security and Borland Interbase 2007 odbc driver as well but then they are not appearing in the ODBC driver list, and even I am just having the SQL database server in the list. Is there anyone who has an idea about this and why is it so?

As far as I am aware there are no 64Bit ODBC drivers now, I mean that ODBC is quite old in order to port it to 64Bit and I think that you will have to use the 32Bit Windows if the tools that are using require the old technique. I will also like to share that there are 2 locations for the 64 bit machine:
    C:\windows\System32\odbcad32.exe
    C:\windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe
    So search for the c:\windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe and then set its path to c:\windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe. First just check it out and then let me know

Hey I have checked for the same and I was having the same case and now I have searched for the c:\windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe and then I went in to the control panel and then I navigated to the select data sources (ODBC) and then I went in to the properties and then I selected the shortcut tab and then changed the path in the target area to the c:\windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe and now it is working fine. Thanks for the solution.