Thread: Cannot start Windows live photo gallery because of the error code:0x80070003

Cannot start Windows live photo gallery because of the error code:0x80070003

In my computer I have windows 7 operating system and I am facing problem while using Windows live photo gallery. Whenever I try to start the Windows live photo gallery in my computer at that time I get error code:0x80070003 and says "Windows live photo gallery encountered an error and can't start. What should I do to fix this issue?

Re: Cannot start Windows live photo gallery because of the error code:0x80070003

According to me you this type of problem normally take place when the database of the gallery gets corrupted and that is why you need to rebuild the database and after doing that your problem will get solved. Try this solution and after that try to open the Windows live photo gallery. I think this trick will resolve the problem.

Re: Cannot start Windows live photo gallery because of the error code:0x80070003

Yes rebuilding the database will help you to fix this issue. If you want to rebuild the database then you have to first open the start menu in your computer and that you have to copy this command “%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Photo Gallery” and paste it in the start menu search box and press enter (remove the quotation marks and then press enter). Now after that you have to right click on the Pictures.pd5 and then you have to click on the rename and then rename the file to OLD_Pictures.pd5. After that you have to try to open the Windows live photo gallery. I think after trying this solution you will be able to open the Windows live photo gallery.

If you need any more help with this then let me know.

If above solution does not help you to fix this issue then you have to try to solve this problem by repairing the Windows live photo gallery. Many times by repairing the program also this type of problem can get solved. I was also facing the same problem and after that I have repaired the Windows live photo gallery and then my problem gets solved.

If you want to repair the Windows live photo gallery then you have to follow this procedure.
    • First you have to open the open the control panel
    • After that you have click on the uninstall programs.
    • Now you have to select the Windows live photo gallery from the program list.
    • After that click on uninstall and then you have to select the repair option.
    • Now Windows live photo gallery will get repaired.
    • I hope after repairing the Windows live photo gallery your problem will get solved.

According to me by changing the compatibility of the Windows live photo gallery also this type of problem can get solved. You have to go to the start menu and then you have to click on the all programs and then you have to right click on the Windows live photo gallery icon and then you have to select the properties and after clicking on the properties you have to select the compatibility tab and then change the compatibility and then click on the OK. Now check whether problem gets solved or not.

I have rebuild the database and after rebuilding the database also I was getting the same problem and after that I have tried to solve this problem by repairing the Windows live photo gallery and after reaping the Windows live photo gallery when I tried to open the Windows live photo gallery at that time also I get the same error. After that I have also change the compatibility of the Windows live photo gallery but it didn’t make any difference. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this issue?

As you have said that none of the solution has worked for you and same problem is occurring again and that is why I will suggest you to uninstall the Windows live photo gallery from your computer and after uninstalling the Windows live photo gallery you have to install the Windows live photo gallery again and then you have to check whether your problem get solved or not.

According to me this problem occurs because Windows live photo gallery looks for the C:\users\<username\Pictures/. You have to check whether picture folder is there in the username directory or not. if it is not there then you have to create it and after recreating that you have to start the Windows live photo gallery and after starting the Windows live photo gallery you have to check whether same problem occurred again or not.

Normally after creating the folder again it does not give any issues. I hope after that your problem will get solved.

In my computer I have solve the same issue by uninstalling the Windows live photo gallery from my computer and after that I have downloaded the Windows live photo gallery from the internet again and after downloading the Windows live photo gallery I have installed it in my computer and then it started working properly. You can also try this solution.