Thread: Not able to enter the HP Recovery Manager after shrinking c partition

Not able to enter the HP Recovery Manager after shrinking c partition

I have been using HP Pavilion dv7-6195us and window 7 Home Premium 64bit as my operating system and now I am not able to enter HP Recovery Manager after shrinking c partition by mistakenly and it is giving me some kind of error it says “An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data” .Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well. Any regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Not able to enter the HP Recovery Manager after shrinking c partition

I have been using HP Pavilion dv7-6195us and window 7 Home Premium 64bit as my operating system and now I am not able to enter HP Recovery Manager after shrinking c partition by mistakenly and it is giving me some kind of error it says “An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data” .Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well. Any regarding the same will be appreciated.
    First of all I will like to know have you used any software to shrink it or you have used windows tool to do so and have you tried to expanding it again and see if it is making any difference? Is there any other information with the error just try to make a note of those and the post it here so I can understand it better and try to help you as well.

It says-“Windows failed to start. A recent hardware and software might be the cause of it and in order to fix the problem it says to insert the windows installation cd and then reboot” and something like that. I have not used any software and I have used Windows tools to shrink partition so I just wanted to know is it possible to recovery partition without recovery dvd or not?

It says-“Windows failed to start. A recent hardware and software might be the cause of it and in order to fix the problem it says to insert the windows installation cd and then reboot” and something like that. I have not used any software and I have used Windows tools to shrink partition so I just wanted to know is it possible to recovery partition without recovery dvd or not?
    I have not yet tried any other thing then the recovery disk so I don’t have any idea about the same but I think that you can use some Free Partition Recovery Software and see if it is making any difference, you can check out them below:
    Free Partition Recovery Software

I have tried using the EaseUS Data Recovery Free Edition free edition but then I have not got any success yet is there any other solution that I can try? Or I have to go for repair using the Windows installtion DVD?? Actually I had a Windows installation DVD but now I am not getting it so is there any chance of repairing it without using the Windows installation DVD it is must??

I Think that using the Windows installation DVD will be a better choice but then if you don’t have it then I think that you can order it, I mean you can contact the hp support for the dvd and see if they help, I have found that they do send it to your place in such problems but if you have lost it or something then they will charge you for the same. I will personally say that just find it out because if you have it then you can just use it to roll back the change by booting in to the Safemode and I think that this will be one of the quickest and safest solution as well. Just see if you find it or else you will have to order it because you have said that the Free Partition Recovery Software are not making any difference in your case so I think that it is the only option left.