Thread: After closing the iChat it relaunches automatically in Mac OS X Lion

After closing the iChat it relaunches automatically in Mac OS X Lion

A couple of times this week, I came home from having disappeared during the day or waking in the morning and my iChat has been relaunched!I have not 100% complete out of iChat, and then reopened, the records in me, and friends imagine I am online and start sending I’m, nevertheless I'm not there. I thought I was passionate and just not give up iChat at first, nevertheless now it keeps happening I know that something is wrong. Is anyone else seeing this!? What is happening and how I can fix it?

Re: After closing the iChat it relaunches automatically in Mac OS X Lion

All I can imagine of is that you have your computer set to start at a particular time and also have iChat as an application that is scheduled to open at login.

There is no one in my startup items, and my computer just stays on all the time. Not even put it to sleep. Just returned from being out for an hour, and again, iChat opens and people would send Im

When closed iChat, how do you do? Close the window at the top left of your window? Hit cmd + q when iChat and then inform us. What happens?

Configure QuickTime to record the display. Perhaps you'll be capable to observe what is happening. Or exit the application, then go to the home of a friend or by phone and observe if you are still online.

Always complete cessation programs with command + Q.While I'm on a laptop with an internal iSight camera, the only feature that occurs to me that iChat launches when a camera is energized or plugged external Thus, for the fun of it, which controls the preference before go to today's lunch . In case there are some strange error happens in Lion, where the internal iSight is causing the preference.

I had gone a couple of hours and had not returned and iChat launched, nevertheless I have to keep an eye on it for the cause that it has been a trouble intermittement the last handful of days. And yes, I repaired permissions and rebooted. Extremely odd.

I have exactly the same trouble. Command + Q to quit. IChat disappears and the light in the iChat dock off. So when someone im's me, it is a backup. It’s like Cmd + Q lies only instead of actually quitting.

As a workaround, if you do Cmd + L before doing Cmd + Q, you will log in to your account at least. That's what we've been doing and that seems to be the only way to "Exit" at the moment.

Thanks for the suggestion. At least for now, log off before leaving iChat seems to be working. This is really strange, though. I’ll be trying different things and keep an eye on him.

iChat is opened (automatically) if the iChat menu> Preferences> General panel has the theme of "when I quit iChat Set my status Off Line" unchecked. Effectively, this means you only get a partial record from MSN servers in particular. In the previous version of iChat is an application that supports iChat Agent called "listening" to the AIM and iChat servers in 6 (Lion) has IM Agent replace this function.

What this means is that effectively offline instant messages or iChat Agent IMAgent can get to start iChat. Off-Line here that instant when not plugged in. If the computer is on then start up iChat.

If your AIM account is Allow offline instant they are stored on MSN servers until the computer is started in which IM agent points (or iChat Agent) are going to do things or be launched iChat and get Off any online instant messages were sent.

IM settings are set here:

You must be logged in the top right and then use the menu item. This is the only place to turn offline instant turn on.(At first he should have had an MI of "AIMSysMessage" asking if you wish to receive instant messages offline and answer Yes there have been continuing. If the answer is no need to reboot

Just remember to adjust the setting in iChat preferences to log off Exit. Some people discover they have to shut Off-Line instant messages too.

I cannot consider I overlooked that preference. Probably for the reason that I did not know was there a new preference. While I am reading this message now and have not been able to test it, it is obvious that this is the accurate answer.

Last week I have been to close the session with the command + L before leaving iChat as a solution. Now I have checked the box when I log off quit. I’ll report back if for some strange reason does not work, nevertheless I doubt that is the case.

The reason that is overlooked is that it was by default meaning that you get offline, or instant messages that the launch iChat if the computer is on - add the fact that people cannot remember what they did with the IM AIM Sys Message

(It looks like another instant messaging a friend who does not know and most people do what they think it necessary to dismiss as the environment has been there since 3 iChat that could have been long MODS -While a new computer or upgrade to a new operating system might necessitate to reset the configuration.