Thread: DigitalPersona Personal and HP simplepass does not work with Mozilla Firefox 5

DigitalPersona Personal and HP simplepass does not work with Mozilla Firefox 5

In my HP laptop I am facing problem with the DigitalPersona Personal and HP simplepass. First I was using Mozilla Firefox 3.6 browser in my laptop and at that time DigitalPersona Personal and HP simplepass was working fine. now after that I have upgrade the Firefox with 4.0 version and then it does not work with 4.0 and also tried to Firefox 5.0 but it doesn’t make any difference.

Please tell me what I should do to solve this issue.

Re: DigitalPersona Personal and HP simplepass does not work with Mozilla Firefox 5

I have read your problem according to me you need to upgrade the DigitalPersona Personal and HP simplepass application in your laptop to make it work with the Firefox. First check on the internet whether there is update available or not? if you find any update available then you should update the DigitalPersona Personal and HP simplepass and then check whether your problem get solved or not.

Re: DigitalPersona Personal and HP simplepass does not work with Mozilla Firefox 5

Yes I will also suggest you the same solution. Because in my laptop I was also facing the same problem with the DigitalPersona Personal and HP simplepass and after that first I thought that problem is with the Mozilla Firefox and after that I have uninstalled the Mozilla Firefox from my laptop and after uninstalling the Mozilla Firefox from my laptop I have installed the Mozilla Firefox again and after installing the Firefox also I was also facing the same problem.

Now after that I have searched for the update for the DigitalPersona Personal and HP simplepass and then I have downloaded the HP simplepass 7.0.74.0 in my laptop and after installing that it worked fine with the Mozilla Firefox 4.0 but that version does not work with the 5.0. I think you should also try this solution and after that your problem might get solved.

You should try this solution to fix this problem. First you have to remove Digital Persona Software and Validity Software from you laptop.
    • After that you have to install the updated Fingerprint Driver in your laptop.
    • Now you have to open the device manager.
    • After that you have to right click on the Biometric Sensor and then you have to click on the update driver.
    • Now you have to search the driver manually.
    • Now click on the brows and then you have to go according to this path C:\Program Files\Validity Sensors\Shared\Drivers.
    • After that you have to click on Ok.
    • Now after doing that you have to reinstall the Simplepass Software again.

If you don’t know from where to download the Fingerprint Driver for your laptop then you have to click here DOWNLOAD and after clicking on download you have to install it and then reinstalled the Simplepass Software and after that your problem might get solved.

I have gone through your solution and I have first downloaded the finger print drivers and then I have followed the steps which you have suggested and then I have installed the Simplepass Software again and after doing that all the things started working fine. thank you for helping me.