Thread: Not able to install windows xp from Lenovo IdeaPad Z470

Not able to install windows xp from Lenovo IdeaPad Z470

I have been using Lenovo IdeaPad Z470 and the problem that I am facing is that I am not able to install Windows XP even though I am, not having any kind of driver problem and all. I have also installed the required drivers for the Windows XP from the Lenovo site but then still having the same problem and I have also made sure that I am having the latest updates for the Windows XP as well but then I am not having any luck. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Not able to install windows xp from Lenovo IdeaPad Z470

I have been using Lenovo IdeaPad Z470 and the problem that I am facing is that I am not able to install Windows XP even though I am, not having any kind of driver problem and all. I have also installed the required drivers for the Windows XP from the Lenovo site but then still having the same problem and I have also made sure that I am having the latest updates for the Windows XP as well but then I am not having any luck. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    Before I suggest you something I just want to ask you the following questions:
    • Have you installed the drivers from this site??
    • Have you tried installing xp service pack 2 or xp service pack 3?
    • Are you getting any error while installing it and yes than what??

It is the same site from where I have downloaded the required drivers and yes I have tried to install windows xp sp 3 making sure that I am having the latest updates as well but then the problem that I am facing is that I have not install it completely or say I am not able to install it completely and as far as the error is concerned it gives me some kind of driver/hardware errors even though I am sure that I have installed the correct drivers for it. When I check in to the device manager then there are some drivers having error and they are having the yellow exclamation mark upon them as well.

Drivers having exclamation mark on it means that they have not been properly installed and they need to be reinstalled. Have you uninstalling them and then reinstalling them. For more help just give me the name of the devices that are having the yellow exclamation mark so it would be easier for me to get the actual cause of it. Just provide me with the device ids for more help.

Yes I have tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling it again but then I am having the same problem and I have also tried to use the Lenovo Smart Downloading as well but then I have found that it is not able to detect the drivers for the required devices. I am getting the error for the below devices:
    • Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus
    • Device Instance Id - HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2805&SUBSYS_80860101&REV_1000\4&245E8196&0&0301
    • PCI Simple Communications Controller
    • Device Instance Id - PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C3A&SUBSYS_397517AA&REV_04\3&11583659&0&B0

Even I am facing the same problem with the IdeaPad Z470 099 and I am trying to install windows xp sp3, I mean that I have also installed it but then I have not been able to install it completely. When I was trying to install NVIDIA VGA driver for windows xp then I was just getting intel HD Graphics driver on the Lenovo consumer support but then when I searched for it on the Nvidia site then I was able to get drivers: 275.33-desktop-winxp-32bit-bahasa-WHQL and I thought that I have solved my problem but then when I tried installing the same then I got this inscription: did not find its hardware. So I just wanted to know that are you having an idea about the link from where I will be able to download NVIDIA GeForce 520M Video driver as per my specifications. Any further help will be appreciated.

Even I am facing the same problem with the IdeaPad Z470 099 and I am trying to install windows xp sp3, I mean that I have also installed it but then I have not been able to install it completely. When I was trying to install NVIDIA VGA driver for windows xp then I was just getting intel HD Graphics driver on the Lenovo consumer support but then when I searched for it on the Nvidia site then I was able to get drivers: 275.33-desktop-winxp-32bit-bahasa-WHQL and I thought that I have solved my problem but then when I tried installing the same then I got this inscription: did not find its hardware. So I just wanted to know that are you having an idea about the link from where I will be able to download NVIDIA GeForce 520M Video driver as per my specifications. Any further help will be appreciated.

First of all I will like to know that are you very sure that you are having an nvidia graphic card, I mean you have checked the sticker and confirmed it?? And I am asking so because I have found the following:
    IdeaPad Z47 family

And here it is specified that IdeaPad Z47 family is having AMD Graphics Driver, I am not quite sure about it and that is why I just wanted you to conform it. Just check it out and then let me know so I can help you further.

I am sure and I have confirmed it as well and it is having nvidia and intel stickers I3on it. I will also like to share that I have tried downloading the following drivers and that too from the nvidia site but then they all said that the device software could not find the hardware support:
    • 275.33-desktop-winxp-32bit-english-whql
    • 268.03-desktop-winxp-32bit-international-whql
    • 270.61-desktop-winxp-32bit-english-whql

I have found that there is a Nvidia GeForce GT 520M in the BIOS as well but then when I am trying to install the VGA driver from the Lenovo site and which is Intel Onboard Graphics Driver - IN2VDO47WW1 then I am able to install it without any error but then when I check in the device manager than it do not find any VGA Compatible Video driver in the drivers list.

Your problem appears to be really weird I mean that you said that you were able to install it and if it so then it must be in the driver list no matter it is not completely installed or something. It will be better if you will provide me the BIOS from your laptop so I can understand your problem better.

Ok then Just take a look at this:
    this BIOS for my lenovo IdeaPad Z470 :
    • Product Name : IdeaPad Z470
    • Bios Version : 4ACN26WW
    • EC VERSION : 4AEC23WW
    • Nvidia VBIOS Ver : Nvidia 70.08.46.00.08
    • Intel VBIOS Ver : Intel 2089

I will like to know that are you having switchable graphic card support, I think that you might be having it but then I am not sure about the same so just check it out and then let me know. In order to check it just go in to the bios setting and find it out.

Yes I am having it, I mean that I have seen two options when I entered in to the bios setting and they are AHCI and IDE, I have found this:
    • SATA Mode [IDE] ( AHCI and IDE).
    • Optimus dGPU DevicesUMA and Optimus Graphic Graphic Only)