Thread: Getting pulling cab file error while upgrading Directx

Getting pulling cab file error while upgrading Directx

Hi friends I am using HP Pavilion dv7-6135dx laptop and I am facing problem while upgrading the Direct X in my laptop. In my laptop I have windows 7 operating system. When I try to install the Direct X in my laptop at that time I get "a cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the cryptographic services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid."
    If anyone has solution regarding this then please help me.

Re: Getting pulling cab file error while upgrading Directx

According to me you are facing this problem because Cryptographic Service is not started. If you want to solve this problem then you have to first start the Cryptographic Service and after starting the Cryptographic Service you have to try to install the DirctX in your computer and after that you will not face any problem while installing the Cryptographic Service.

Yes I will also suggest you the same solution because you have said that you are getting this a cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the cryptographic services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid." which indicates that Cryptographic Service is not enabled and by enabling the Cryptographic Service you will be able to solve this problem. First enable the Cryptographic Service and then run the Direct X installation and then check whether it helps you to solve this problem or not.

If you don’t know about how to enable the Cryptographic Service then you have to follow this stapes.

First you have to go to start menu and after that you have to right click on my computer. After doing that you have to click on the properties and after clicking on the properties you have to click on the manage option. now after clicking on the manage option you have to click on the Services and Applications. After doing that you need to select the services and then you have to scroll down and find the Cryptographic Services. Now check whether Cryptographic Services has started or not, if that service is not started then you have to start that service and after starting that service you have to click on the OK and then you have to try to install the Direct X in your computer and after that your problem will get solved.

There was similar problem occurred with my system also and after that I have first uninstalled the previous version of the Direct X from my computer and after uninstalling the previous version of the Direct X from my computer I have tried to install the DirectX again and then it gets installed successfully.

You can also try this solution.

I have followed your given stapes and after that I have started the Cryptographic Service and after starting the Cryptographic Service also when I tried to install the Direct X in my laptop at that time also I get the same problem. Now after that I have also make sure that there is no previous version installed in my laptop but if doesn’t make any difference. Now please tell me how to get rid of this problem.

Thank you in advance.

I think you are trying to install the Direct X by using the web installation and that is why I would like to tell you that you should download the Full package for PC and after downloading that you have to try to install that in your laptop and after trying to install that in your laptop you have to see whether you are getting the same problem or not. As far as I know after trying that installation you will not face the same problem.

If you need any more help then let me know.

You can also try to solve this problem by reregistering the DLL files.

• First you have to click on the Start,
    • Now you have to type Run in search tab
    • Now you have to type following in Open box regsvr32 softpub.dll
    • After that you have to press ENTER.
    • Now you have to click on OK
    • After that you will get message that DllRegisterServer in Softpub.dll succeeded.

Now you have to perform the above steps with this files also Wintrust.dll, Gpkcsp.dll, Sccbase.dll, Slbcsp.dll, Mssip32.dll and Cryptdlg.dll, Initpki.dll, Dssenh.dll, Rsaenh.dll.

As you have said that I have to download the PC installation package and after that I have visited the Microsoft site and then I have downloaded the Direct X installation file and then deleted all the temporary files and after deleting the temporary files when I try to install the Direct X at that time I didn’t get any issues.

Thank you for helping me.